Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fingers View Post
    To hang in a hammock doesn't mean you have to walk around in the woods with a backpack. My NX-250 with tarp came with 2"tree straps,hammock suspension,tarp suspension,drip rings,guy lines,storm mode, cocoon mode, mosquito-proof fabric, intergral bug netting and weather shield not hanging in your face,off the ground storage, small storage pockets inside the hammock, and all of this is self contained in one stuff bag, and its all American made down to the thread they sew with. I'm not sure, I could be wrong, but I don't believe there's another hammock that does all this. I would like to add I sleep full time at home in an 11' Dutch netless that gives great sleep, and I use my DH Darien for warm weather road trips, and it's top shelf for that purpose. HYOH
    Probably one of the best endorsements for clarke ive seen. Gonna go watch some clark vids

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fingers View Post
    To hang in a hammock doesn't mean you have to walk around in the woods with a backpack. My NX-250 with tarp came with 2"tree straps,hammock suspension,tarp suspension,drip rings,guy lines,storm mode, cocoon mode, mosquito-proof fabric, intergral bug netting and weather shield not hanging in your face,off the ground storage, small storage pockets inside the hammock, and all of this is self contained in one stuff bag, and its all American made down to the thread they sew with. I'm not sure, I could be wrong, but I don't believe there's another hammock that does all this. I would like to add I sleep full time at home in an 11' Dutch netless that gives great sleep, and I use my DH Darien for warm weather road trips, and it's top shelf for that purpose. HYOH
    By all means if you aren't worried about the weight, complexity, nor cost these hammocks are among the best made hammocks and one should consider them. I have a friend that would carry his to Mount Everest if he was going.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    The Clark Jungle Hammock is the TX-270 - bug net only. Clark rates it as a warm/hot weather hammock.
    The Clark 4-season Hammock is the NX-270 - bug net and WeatherShield. Clark rates it as a 4-season hammock.

Don't let the gram weenies scare you away. The Clark NX-270 weighs about as much - even slightly less than most backpacking tents. If you only compare the Clark against other hammocks, then yes it weighs more than most. But if you compare it with everyone out on the trail including ground dwellers then you are right in the middle as far as weight goes. Some on here try to make it sound like you'll break your back if you carry a Clark.

I like the 4-season versatility with the integrated bug net (and that just about unzips completely & stows in a pocket at your feet) to the WeatherShield that totally encloses you to add warmth (which also unzips to your feet into a storage pocket). Changed out the stock suspension ropes for amsteel CL's, treated it with permethrin.

I think you would be very happy with a Clark due to it's versatility.

The NX-270 weighs 2 lbs. 15 oz. - in comparison my Kelty TN2 backpacking tent weighs 4 lbs. 13 oz.
    Last edited by Slugger; 07-24-2016 at 09:42.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

I really appreciate all the help and suggestions from you guys that have been hanging for a long time. One question I still have about the Clark is with the NX-270, does it come with a tarp included? Some descriptions I have read makes it sound like it has a tarp that comes with it besides the weather shield. Not that it matters, just wondering.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    It used to but what they did was to drop the tarp (and the price of it) to keep the buy in cheaper. That way people can pick the kind of tarp even if its not theirs. A nice Warbonnet Superfly would be fantastic with the nx-270 as a year-round setup. Add either a Z-liner or underquilt and a top quilt and you are set for virtually any adventure or weather that can be thrown at you.

I have their vertex tarp but it came with my Vertex hammock. I'd like to get the superfly and do the pole mod just to complete my setup.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I do have the vertex tarp and it goes well with the nx270 but as stated the superfly turns the Clark into a whole other world. I now have the superfly and if I had a do over I'd definitely skip the vertex.

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    I'll bet you are more confused than ever now! But if you are counting votes, I have hung in a Clark (not mine) but my vote is for the XLC. Just my two cents.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    The Clark price does not include a tarp. Depending on color, size you want the tarp is $79-$119. Now you should also know the WeatherShield IS NOT waterproof and should not be used to shelter you from the rain. It is a breathable fabric and helps retain heat inside & block out the wind/rain.

The WeatherShield is an optional add-on for the TX-270. Comes standard with the NX-270.

Sorry... I can't advise about the XLC or Thunderbird...have not tried them yet.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    There aren't a lot of Clark owners on HF in my experience, but they are very loyal. So if you're considering a Clark, you're gonna hear nothing but positive comments regardless of the weight or cost.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Forgot to mention the NX 250 is capable of going to the ground better than most...never have and hopefully never will, but never say never.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast