warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery

Xenon .9 king size tarp

Well, I made my first tarp. I was very happy when I finished, together took me 9 hours. Its 3x4 meters rectangle tarp, nothing special.

I pitched it to put some silicone, and was not so happy to see this. There are some quite big holes on the central ridgeline reinforcements. I put silicon on, but I am not sure about the long term durability.

What do you think abut this? Is there a easy way to fix this? Or is it normal? Thanks for your comments in advance. Actually the holes look bigger on the picture due to the high quality lens and crop

and the tarp:

Hammock
    11' hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    10x12 xenon
    Insulation
    Pad & Quilt
    I don't have personal experience with xenon .9, but I do know that Kyle at RBTR posted a thread on this forum concerning stitch elongation for his ultralight silpoly (basically xenon .9). He found a different way of making reinforcements to the tieouts that helps distribute the pressure which may be causing your xenon to hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by kardinal_emilus View Post
    Well, I made my first tarp. I was very happy when I finished, together took me 9 hours. Its 3x4 meters rectangle tarp, nothing special.

I pitched it to put some silicone, and was not so happy to see this. There are some quite big holes on the central ridgeline reinforcements. I put silicon on, but I am not sure about the long term durability.

What do you think abut this? Is there a easy way to fix this? Or is it normal? Thanks for your comments in advance. Actually the holes look bigger on the picture due to the high quality lens and crop
    You just have a mismatch between the stretch of the reinforcement and tarp material. Good news is you can fix it! Check out the post here for full instructions: https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...rcing+membrane.

Since you already built the tarp, in this case you'll want to make a patch that's a bit bigger than the patch you have now. All the same steps then apply. If it helps, here's a radial template you can use.
    Last edited by ripstopbytheroll; 07-22-2016 at 16:32.
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    thanks! so I place a patch of another xenon on the current hyperd300 one? over the gg and rolled hem on the ridgeline? or should I deinstall the rolled hem and tieout? didnt understand the repair well maybe thank you for clarification.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kardinal_emilus View Post
    thanks! so I place a patch of another xenon on the current hyperd300 one? over the gg and rolled hem on the ridgeline? or should I deinstall the rolled hem and tieout? didnt understand the repair well maybe thank you for clarification.

Your best bet is going to be to completely remove the reinforcement materials, and then follow the instructions Kyle linked. Make sure your new reinforcement patch is big enough to cover the stitch elongation holes and the tarp should be fine.

• + New Posts