Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
Anything camo is going to weigh that much more. With camo, you have a colour layering going on, at least that's what I understand it to be. The more layers, the heavier the fabric will be. You didn't say yours was camo, but it's a perfect example of how and why that can happen.

Enjoy your new UQ!
That makes sense with the camo. Mine was a single color.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
I know what you mean though.I shelved a really nice coffee mug that weighs about 3.3 oz with it's lid etc in favor of a styrofoam cup that fits my Snowpeak perfectly.You will find a way to cut that 1.5 oz off of another item and sleep better at night than you did with a pad.I am still way too heavy overall but am trying.
Yeah. I've actually weighed every single thing I had in my pack (mostly out of curiosity) and was surprised by how much some of the things weighed. I saved about a pound moving from my air pad to the quilt! So the 1.5oz difference is not that big to me since I saved a lot already by moving to a quilt. And moving from the Kelty Noah tarp to a WL Tadpole saved me 1 3/4 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigVillage View Post
People are going to start trying to weigh colors now.
I really hope not. But I bet someone out there already has an excel spreadsheet with every material and color combination possible and their weights.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
It has been a while since I shopped for a quilt but if I remember right the listed weigh is usually approx. weigh for a specfic size. Since vendors offer so many different material weighs, quilt length and widths.
Asking them to provide an exact weigh for every possible option they offer is a bit much, IMO
I agree. Having every single combination weighed is a bit much. I like UGQs method where they say that using using HD1.0 fabric vs M10 fabric will be about 1.35oz more. Or that using no taper (for top quilts) vs full taper is about 0.5 oz more. I am actually impressed with UGQ and I think the next quilt I'm gonna get is going to be from them.

I knew that different materials had different weights. I just didn't realize that different colors would have as much as a 1.5 oz difference.