Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    NeoAirTrkr/KeltyDn
    Suspension
    NylWebg+WhoopieSlg
    Some really good info, thanks again to all of you. Your responses helped me understand my wants a bit more. Are there any other options other than the Noah's 12x12 and the WB Superfly if I have my heart set on a tarp with doors? Do I have to start leaning toward DIY at this point?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishHuntCampDad View Post
    Some really good info, thanks again to all of you. Your responses helped me understand my wants a bit more. Are there any other options other than the Noah's 12x12 and the WB Superfly if I have my heart set on a tarp with doors? Do I have to start leaning toward DIY at this point?
    There are plenty of other tarp vendors - Underground Quilts, Wilderness Logics, Simply Light Designs, Hammock Gear, and Jacks-R-Better, to name a few. There's also OES tarps, but given their well-documented customer service issues, I'd have a hard time recommending them. Is there something about the Noah 12 x 12 and Warbonnet Superfly you don't like?
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    NeoAirTrkr/KeltyDn
    Suspension
    NylWebg+WhoopieSlg
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    There are plenty of other tarp vendors - Underground Quilts, Wilderness Logics, Simply Light Designs, Hammock Gear, and Jacks-R-Better, to name a few. There's also OES tarps, but given their well-documented customer service issues, I'd have a hard time recommending them. Is there something about the Noah 12 x 12 and Warbonnet Superfly you don't like?
    Thanks for the info. As far as "don't like" I couldn't tell you first hand which is why I started this thread. The expert advice is great and so are the many options I like to research prior to investing. As I mentioned, I determined after reading all the responses that I would like a setup with doors. Just want to know my options that many of you have first hand knowledge with. Helps turn my reading and research from hours on end to closer to an hour or so. As one of you mentioned in so many words, money is tight so would like to make the soundest decision. Again, thanks so much for the feedback. This forum is great.

Hammock
    Cave Creek Netted
    Tarp
    Cave Creek FC
    Insulation
    Cave Creek 30
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Thanks for the info. As far as "don't like" I couldn't tell you first hand which is why I started this thread. The expert advice is great and so are the many options I like to research prior to investing. As I mentioned, I determined after reading all the responses that I would like a setup with doors. Just want to know my options that many of you have first hand knowledge with. Helps turn my reading and research from hours on end to closer to an hour or so. As one of you mentioned in so many words, money is tight so would like to make the soundest decision. Again, thanks so much for the feedback. This forum is great.
    As far as other vendors, I am working with Rick at Cave Creek Hammocks. He has talked to me on the phone, emailed countless times, answered questions, will customize whatever you want, etc... I am very happy with his service. I have not bought a tarp from him but he has a very similar tarp on his website as the superfly.

https://squareup.com/store/cave-cree...arp-with-doors

Maybe see what he can do for you for pricing. I have found him to be very accommodating and if I purchase a tarp (I have the ProFly) if my wife likes hanging, I'll be buying a tarp from Rick, maybe even a very very large one for us both to hang under.

If you do go with Rick, I'd email or call him to talk about it. [email protected]
    Last edited by gbrugs; 07-27-2016 at 10:48.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY or JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB or HG
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle
    I started out with a Profly. Got it for a steal during a sale 8+ years ago, which is often possible for ENO stuff if you wait and watch. Works fine, kept me dry in numerous thunderstorms and AZ monsoons with significant wind. Sure, the PU ripstop they use is heavy compared to silnylon but it packs up small and isn't a deal breaker for weight. I think going to silnylon in the same size would save 8 oz or so? For perspective on weight, I believe the Profly weighs about the same as a massive 10 x 11 silnylon tarp that I use when I need to string two hammocks under the tarp. I still use the Profly from time to time. No regrets there, especially given what I paid for it and the use I've gotten out of it.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    NeoAirTrkr/KeltyDn
    Suspension
    NylWebg+WhoopieSlg
    Man, I am really enjoying this forum and all the great responses/ expert advice you all have given me. I do appreciate it. I ended up going with a Warbonnet Superfly. I can't say enough about the service Ryan provided me by email and also with my order. I ordered on Tuesday morning at 9:30 and had it delivered Thursday afternoon by 3:15. Now if only I can figure out where to buy some shock cord by this Wednesday.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Walmart, Kmart, JoAnn fabrics and venders here if they can rush ship.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Man, I am really enjoying this forum and all the great responses/ expert advice you all have given me. I do appreciate it. I ended up going with a Warbonnet Superfly. I can't say enough about the service Ryan provided me by email and also with my order. I ordered on Tuesday morning at 9:30 and had it delivered Thursday afternoon by 3:15. Now if only I can figure out where to buy some shock cord by this Wednesday.
    Shock cord? Do you want to make shock cord tensioners? While some people really like them, they're not necessary.

https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...cord+tensioner
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images
    I will second SS's recommendation to not bother with shockcord tarp tensioners. When a tarp gets wet and loosens up, a single shockcord, is no where near strong enough to retension your tarp.
    I find it very easy to just retension my tarp by adjusting the 4 corner tieouts.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    NeoAirTrkr/KeltyDn
    Suspension
    NylWebg+WhoopieSlg
    All the help is awesome guys. Thanks again for all the advice and also the links. Much appreciated. I will have to experiment and find my happy medium by trial and error. Is that what everyone means by HYOH?
    Last edited by FishHuntCampDad; 08-02-2016 at 23:25.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast