Hammock
    TBH 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Suspension
    Whoopies

AHE Fold-up Foot Pad

Looking for a pad to go along with a 3/4 UQ (either Jarbidge or DIY) and noticed this pad. The price is good, the size seems great (58"+15"=73"; I'm 72"), and it seems thick enough (1/2"). My question is if this would be enough insulation for my feet where my under quilt wouldn't reach. Anyone have experience with this?

Hammock
    Insulhammock / Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Argon Custom
    Suspension
    strap
    Mine works perfect. I have both the folding one and the flat gray one. I like the folding one the best because I can use it as a sit pad for better multi use. I'm 5'8 if that helps.
    Remember--Some People are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Some people can paint the Sistine chapel, some people can finger-paint, and some people just eat the Crayons....

Hammock
    TBH 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Yeah, I was thinking it looked a better option for a sit pad than the 1/8" foam pad. What's the warmth like compared to the gray one, and what thickness do you have of the gray one (for comparison)?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalaallit View Post
    Looking for a pad to go along with a 3/4 UQ (either Jarbidge or DIY) and noticed this pad. The price is good, the size seems great (58"+15"=73"; I'm 72"), and it seems thick enough (1/2"). My question is if this would be enough insulation for my feet where my under quilt wouldn't reach. Anyone have experience with this?
    I have a Therm-a-rest Z seat which is similar to the AHE folding pad. Better price on the AHE pad. I also have a solid foam pad similar to the AHE grey 1/2" pad. While I like the Z seat to sit on, I don't like the way my feet feel resting on the pad due to the designed ridges and bumps. I prefer the solid foam pad. Just a consideration and may not be an issue for you.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    One more thing if you decide to go with the folding pad: you better not toss 'n turn or it gets displaced easily. (NOTE: I haven't tried AHE's specifically, just another folding pad) Not the end of the world but aggravating on a cold night.

Hammock
    11' Dutch Hexon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB Glk3, DIY TQs
    Suspension
    Mltibkles, Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter1 View Post
    One more thing if you decide to go with the folding pad: you better not toss 'n turn or it gets displaced easily. (NOTE: I haven't tried AHE's specifically, just another folding pad) Not the end of the world but aggravating on a cold night.
    And then trying to tug it back in place rips off a chunk that lives in your ridge line organizer for the next 8 months reminding you of your failure and how next time you're going to get the one from ahe because I bet that one wouldn't rip like that since threw quality gear and not the cheap stuff like you're always buying by trying to avoid spending any real money while it's still painfully obvious that by having to buy them twice you spent far more than you would have had you just bought the better one too begin with.

Hypothetically.

Hammock
    TBH 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonACraft View Post
    And then trying to tug it back in place rips off a chunk that lives in your ridge line organizer for the next 8 months reminding you of your failure and how next time you're going to get the one from ahe because I bet that one wouldn't rip like that since threw quality gear and not the cheap stuff like you're always buying by trying to avoid spending any real money while it's still painfully obvious that by having to buy them twice you spent far more than you would have had you just bought the better one too begin with.

Hypothetically.
    Hypothetically, of course.

Hammock
    Insulhammock / Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Argon Custom
    Suspension
    strap
    I have the 1/8" piece. I've used it to 24 degrees with wool socks and no issues. As far as bunching and moving around, well that is the penalty of not using full length under quilts. I can move the folding pad with my feet to adjust but have to pull feet to hands to adjust gray pad because it has a tacky surface compared to folding pad if that makes since.

Remember--Some People are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Some people can paint the Sistine chapel, some people can finger-paint, and some people just eat the Crayons....

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Zero experience using the folding pad as a foot pad, but I love it as a sit pad!!

Sent from East of Montauk
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts