Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images

Two 7/64 CL's in a DWH?

I just picked up a descender ring to try out a crude version of otter's recliner. 11' hammock folded in half lengthwise with the ring at the folded end and the two cl's at the other.

At the ring end I simply lark's headed a cl and hooked into a dwh, or jbend directly to the hammock cl. At the head end I didn't want a ring, so I hooked both cl's to the one dwh. We double hang with a spreader, so the dwh stays put (not in chair mode of course). Because the first cl is fully seated in the hook the second cl naturally rides a bit closer to the tip. The second photo makes this clear. My only concern is if this would put too much pressure on the outer part of the hook to bend it. Weight would be 150lbs or less.

Alternatively, I don't have a cinch bug to try, but I think that might be the best way for me. Also, I could use a soft shackle to connect the cl's, pushing the dwh to the side, but I don't want to carry any more stuff than necessary.

Hmm...thinking about this, any reason why not to put both cl's into a single jbend?

recliner-dwh-desc-ring.jpg recliner-dwh1.jpg

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Yes, 2 CL's in a jbend work great! I substituted kevlar for this test, but I could just as well have used the poly just pushing the buckle up out of the way instead. Still, it'd be nice to know if the dwh would work without damage.

recliner-kevlar-jbend.jpg recliner-full-length.jpg

Why not simply hook one CL over the other and then only one CL is on the DHWH(?)
    Last edited by TominMN; 08-05-2016 at 17:55.

• + New Posts