Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema

Let's talk about the Hammock Tent 90 deg Gamma UL

Scroll down to see the hammock

The only review I could find

It looks so interesting and nobody's talking about it. Anyone with experience they can share on this one? It looks amazing for lightweight backpacking.

Apparent pros:
    - 15 oz rigged!! I haven't seen any hammock get close to touching that weight for the features.
    - $199: much cheaper than the competitors I've seen (Exped Ergo, Amok Draumr)
    - Integrated bugnet
    - Integrates with a sleeping pad, and actually improves the hammock comfort
    - Apparently very comfortable for side sleepers
    - Can get a narrower hang than a gathered-end hammock would allow

Possible cons:
    - Slightly longer, more involved setup
    - Slight "banana" slope means back sleepers need knee support
    - More difficult to get in/out vs a gathered end hammock
    - Gotta find a good, shape-appropriate tarp for it. They only offer a cuben fiber tarp ($400!)
    - Probably inferior in really bad weather unless you've fashioned an UQ to fit and a tarp with doors slung low overhead
    - Looks like the golden gate bridge. I usually favor simple designs.

As a side sleeper, who has a pad but no underquilt, and wants to lighten my 3-season pack as much as possible, it looks really good. I was looking at the WBBB and Switchback Lite Hiker, but this thing is significantly lighter.

Any experiences with this?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    There are a few threads about the 90 of you search. I really like mine. I sold my amok and bought it to save weight. Setup is no more difficult in my opinion. I use is with an exped 7ul lw and it's a good combo for warmth and weight. You have more hang options as you really can use a very tight spot. I have the cf tarp he offers which really gives you full coverage. I'm sure one of the cottage vendors would custom make a sil version for you at a great price. It is a bit difficult to get in the first few times but I have no problem now. It's really comfy for side or back sleeping . Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Thanks. You're right, I don't know what I typed in initially to the search function, but I'm finding more now. I did see someone used it with a Klymit pad with good results, which is what I'd be doing. So, you haven't seen any real big downsides? Shaving a pound off the Hennessy setup with added comfort sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    My only downside is the bug net does not zip off at least on 3 sides but that's about it.

Images
    My first impression after looking at the pictures you linked was OMG look at all those lines. That could turn into a real mess if they got tangled.
    I have not done any research weight wise but I find it hard to believe this setup would be lighter than a standard gathered end hammock kit.

Does this 90 require a special tarp? How much does that weigh? Weight is really tied to features and fabric thinkness. A dutch made 11x60 out of 1.6 ripstop will weigh the same as one made by Arrowhead Eq.
    IMO if you want to save weight look into the high tech materials and limit the features. I would also not forget the KISS principal.
    Best of luck in your search.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    My first impression after looking at the pictures you linked was OMG look at all those lines. That could turn into a real mess if they got tangled.
    I have not done any research weight wise but I find it hard to believe this setup would be lighter than a standard gathered end hammock kit.

Does this 90 require a special tarp? How much does that weigh? Weight is really tied to features and fabric thinkness. A dutch made 11x60 out of 1.6 ripstop will weigh the same as one made by Arrowhead Eq.
    IMO if you want to save weight look into the high tech materials and limit the features. I would also not forget the KISS principal.
    Best of luck in your search.
    I have never had the lines tangle. A black sleeve of noseeum mesh slides down to keep the lines organized when you put it in the stuff sack. Works great actually. I think what the OP is saying is that for a side sleeper this a good light weight option compared to say the Amok.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Quote Originally Posted by biggy View Post
    I think what the OP is saying is that for a side sleeper this a good light weight option compared to say the Amok.
    Close! Actually it interests me because I'm looking for a super lightweight, comfortable system, with an integrated buget. This appears to be the best of all worlds for that. More comfy than a gathered-end and lighter than anything else with a bugnet.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0 and 90° Hammock Gam
    Tarp
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Insulation
    Exped downmath;)
    Suspension
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Images
    I use a Amok 3.0 tarp...works fine, but I will make my own tarp based on the 400$ one
    https://youtu.be/wl74kMxvsXg
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/65072883@N04/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fsupaintball View Post
    Close! Actually it interests me because I'm looking for a super lightweight, comfortable system, with an integrated buget. This appears to be the best of all worlds for that. More comfy than a gathered-end and lighter than anything else with a bugnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggy View Post
    I think what the OP is saying is that for a side sleeper this a good light weight option compared to say the Amok.
    I like this HammockTent but it lacks the sit-up/recline feature that I love about the AMOK. Nothing like being on a solo trip just sitting up in comfort and enjoying the Backwood Hood.
    Though this HammockTent sure is super light and that is right good. The AMOK has the weight of a Clark hammock and both are full of features.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    I wonder how much a silnylon tarp made with that design would weigh. The Amok tarp is a good idea. A little heavy at 25oz though.

Shug, I'd think that thing would overload your ohm! Anything but lightweight :-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast