Hammock
    DIY Hammocks
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    That is interesting, Greg. I am almost 1.9 meters (6 ft, 2 in) so I better stick to regular gathered end hammocks.

Hammock
    90 degree Gamma Hammock
    Tarp
    Rab sil III
    Insulation
    exped synmat
    Hi MissileMan,

Maybe the Amok Draumr fits people larger than 1.80m? With your lenght your head and your feet would for sure be tucked in the ends of the 90degree hammock.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GregfromHolland View Post
    Hi MissileMan,

Maybe the Amok Draumr fits people larger than 1.80m? With your lenght your head and your feet would for sure be tucked in the ends of the 90degree hammock.
    AMOK is good for up to maybe 6'1" (1.80m) but not much more than that.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    90 degree Gamma Hammock
    Tarp
    Rab sil III
    Insulation
    exped synmat
    Thanks Shug. So only for the short people then.
    Totally off topic : I'm enjoying your videos a lot. I noticed you have some nice food with you usually. How about a video about the different companies offering dried meals. I think you have more to choose from than we have over here in Europe.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC 10 met Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GregfromHolland View Post
    Thanks Shug. So only for the short people then.
    Totally off topic : I'm enjoying your videos a lot. I noticed you have some nice food with you usually. How about a video about the different companies offering dried meals. I think you have more to choose from than we have over here in Europe.

Thanks. I usually eat Packitgourmet meals and some Camp Chow. They are always in my trip report videos.
    But there are many other brands. Some I eat once in a while. Some never.
    So a meal video may not happen but I do show them from time to time.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    I'm just under 6' and I fit fine in the Luke 90. Not much room to spare though.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    90 degree Gamma Hammock
    Tarp
    Rab sil III
    Insulation
    exped synmat
    @ shug: Thanks. I'm watching the videos in random order so I see different food all the time. I already looked up HawkVittles. Looks good.

Back to topic:
    @Biggy: What Tarp are you using with the luke 90 degree?

I have had a couple of nights out with this and it's really comfortable. I switch from side to back during the night and no problems. At first I used an REI Flash pad (Long) and it worked fine for me. I think the length of the pad is more important than width based on that. It never slipped out from under me.

Then I decided to try out the Exped SynMat Hyperlite Long Wide to see if wider might be better. It also works great and didn't slip. The wider top end under the shoulders does seem to make it a little better than the REI, but this is an expensive mat. Both of these mats are mummy style.

As far as staying warm, I had no problem with a 20 degree top quilt, but it hasn't gotten below about 40F on me. Never felt cold on the legs or feet.

I used a HG 11ft tarp with doors the first night and it was not a fun setup, as I wasn't prepared and I hadn't tried it first (yeah I know, I know).

I then ordered and used Luke's cf tarp and it obviously fits well.

I haven't gone to ground with it at all but it looks reasonably easy.

I agree with the sizing discussions. I'm just under 6 feet and I wouldn't want to be over 6 feet in this hammock. HammockTent's weight rating sounds right due to the lightweight materials.

Like: Comfort with a pad, flat lay, can hang in a narrow space (with the stock tarp, not with a larger one), weight is excellent. The tarp made for it can be set up in porch mode. Ability to set up as a tent when necessary.

Could be improved:

Ability to zip the bugnet more out of the way as previously mentioned, but that's small beer.

Tarp: More tarp coverage in all directions in "storm mode". A little worried about wind-driven rain as the tarp sits close to the foot\head of the hammock when the hammock is occupied or a pad is inserted, and the hammock hangs a bit below the bottom of the tarp. There's also very little room between the ends of the tarp (ridgeline) and the suspension. But I haven't had bad weather, so can't be sure there are any issues.

Suspension: I ditched the descender rings because loosening them after hanging was very difficult. Still deciding what to replace them with, but it's got a continuous loop so lots of options.

Overall, great hammock. Best sleep ever in a hammock, and my go-to now. I will probably switch between this and my WBBB for some variety now and then.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Awesome review, thanks. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the lack of a decent, relatively inexpensive tarp that fits.

Hammock
    90 degree Gamma Hammock
    Tarp
    Rab sil III
    Insulation
    exped synmat
    Some how reassuring that I'm not the only one finding the two rings difficult to loosen.
    I will try with a different rope, I have the feeling that could make the difference.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast