Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joggerjohn View Post
    That is what I do.. I store all unused clothes in the bottom part of the Pea Pod.
    When you say you store your unused clothes in the bottom, are you talkin' 'bout down at you're feet or under your hammock. If it's down at your feet, don't they work their way to your waste, or does your hammock really lay that flat?
    Last edited by Pastorus; 12-24-2009 at 18:22. Reason: grammar
    "Well, you might be lazy, but if we were not all about comfort here this would be a tent forum!" - - Roadtorque

Hammock
    Claytor no net, hammock sock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    I usually place some of my extra clothes underneath the hammock in the pea pod. My hammock is pretty flat since it is a Claytor no net.I usually put my down jacket underneath me.

Hammock
    Custom dragon
    Tarp
    Custom made cuben
    Insulation
    custom peapod
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    you can get alot of storage goodness also if you have an underquilt just by using a hammock sock then you dont worry about loft compression and things tend to stay a little warmer that way and they will dry too

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorus View Post
    When you say you store your unused clothes in the bottom, are you talkin' 'bout down at you're feet or under your hammock. If it's down at your feet, don't they work their way to your waste, or does your hammock really lay that flat?
    Yep, when you set up and adjust the Pea Pod, just leave an extra few inches between the Pea Pod and hammock. Put a down or Polarguard jacket or vest or light quilt or whatever you have between the Pea Pod and hammock. You may well now find yourself with 4 or 5 or 6" of bottom loft. Instead of the normal rated 2.5".

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Second night in my Peapod. I got the knack with opening and closing the pod.
    Temp dropped to 27* and so comfortable. I dreamt it was summertime and somebody invented a wonderful new type of A/C that allows you to breath icy cold fresh air. It was delightful!
    "Well, you might be lazy, but if we were not all about comfort here this would be a tent forum!" - - Roadtorque

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorus View Post
    Second night in my Peapod. I got the knack with opening and closing the pod.
    Temp dropped to 27* and so comfortable. I dreamt it was summertime and somebody invented a wonderful new type of A/C that allows you to breath icy cold fresh air. It was delightful!
    Oh YEAH!........

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Joggerjohn - you got to 4F using ONLY the PeaPod? That's pretty impressive.

One thing I like about the PeaPod is that I can put my boots in a stuffsack, clip it to the hammock support on the foot end, and hang the boots inside the PeaPod. The stuffsack cord runs thru the end of the PeaPod and the boots rest inside the hammock, up and out of the way above my feet. This keeps them from freezing and they're easy to get to in the morning.

I really like how the PeaPod seals against almost all drafts, too. Joker's setup two nights ago was the DownHammock and PeaPod at -2F...plus GoLite Ultra and Hammock Sock. He started sweating during the night and kicked off his quilt and took of his down jacket. Definitely a fan of the PeaPod. (And the MWUQ4, and the Yeti, and... )
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Joggerjohn - you got to 4F using ONLY the PeaPod? That's pretty impressive....................... )
    I'm pretty sure he augmented.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    One thing I like about the PeaPod is that I can put my boots in a stuffsack, clip it to the hammock support on the foot end, and hang the boots inside the PeaPod. The stuffsack cord runs thru the end of the PeaPod and the boots rest inside the hammock, up and out of the way above my feet. This keeps them from freezing and they're easy to get to in the morning.
    That is what I want. Warm clothes and boots that don't get tangled up in my legs. THANKS for the idea!

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    more mention of the hammock sock???? pics? links? please

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast