Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    I'm reluctant to put anything but real insulation into my PeaPod. A sheet of Insultex worked well recently. I'll put a Top Blanket or a Frog Sac in it, but nothing that isn't some kind of lightweight insulation.

I love the idea of putting boots in the ends, though!

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Now I know about needing some space filler in my PeaPod. It was forecast to be over 40º last night dropping to 36º for an hour. It ended up 28º verified by the frozen water for the goats.

I tried out my new "roomy" hammock that I finished hours earlier. It is 60" wide and a lot more comfortable than my Travel Hammock. The little hammock gave me several warm nights without augmentation in my PeaPod.

Thanks to the advise on this thread, I loosened the PP at both ends and decompressed the loft at the bottom. This kept my bottom warm!

As for the top, my handy Te-Wa UQ became a TQ. Only my toes were cold. I dreamed of helping some poor guy keep from freezing to death. Oh well, dreaming = sleep)

I will add some better top insulation tonight and hope for more 20º+ coolness for my 13th consecutive day outside.
    "Well, you might be lazy, but if we were not all about comfort here this would be a tent forum!" - - Roadtorque

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorus View Post
    Only my toes were cold.
    I wore my $19 REI down booties last night... they were almost too warm!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    I wore my $19 REI down booties last night... they were almost too warm!
    I should have worn my down bootie last night. Tonight with a better TQ, it just won't be cold enough for the booties.
    "Well, you might be lazy, but if we were not all about comfort here this would be a tent forum!" - - Roadtorque

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    KAQ,WB,Ham. Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch clips, strap
    Im wondering if there is a fine line between throwing too much stuff in the peapod to increase insulation that it kind of defeats the purpose- you have to bring more stuff... weights down the bottom of the peapod too much?... What about the concept from Big Agnes- their overbags? a peapod overbag that adds additional loft and naturally is larger in size made to fit over the original peapod? Even though its two items, together they will compress much less than all these other blankets some are saying they use? Im just trying to make sense of all this.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpo63 View Post
    ...a peapod overbag...
    I was thinking of that... I have a hammock sock in the works that is insulated on the bottom half.

Gotta get the shape right...
    - MacEntyre
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Is your hammock sock water proof? I would love to see your design when youre done with it!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Is your hammock sock water proof?
    No, it isn't. I want it to breath. Insultex breathes rather slowly, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    I would love to see your design when youre done with it!
    Here it is!

I just sewing up the head end and making a SEEP (Side Entry/Exit Portal), as discussed. No pictures of the latest mod, because I'm charging camera bats!

I'm just headed out to try getting in and out of it!

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Claytor no net, hammock sock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    I always use a hammock sock with my pea pod and Warbonnet Traveler hammock. Condensation is not much of an issue since I vent the hammock sock and I hang a sponge off my ridgeline.. The temps inside the hammock sock work well in conjunction with the PeaPod. The cold winds do not rob your body of its heat. You stay warm. I really like this system.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Good to know it works well, JoggerJohn. When this next cold snap hits us, I will try the new IX insulated sock with the PeaPod... supposed to be 15*F tomorrow night. I've been testing IX only the last few nights.

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast