Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Is that 14% the humidity? I've never seen the humidity that low in my life. Let us send you some moisture. It's been a pleasant day here in the south with humidity levels about normal for summer.
    AHHHH I love that dryness! Can't stand the weather here in the midwest. I can open my door and take a drink of water by breathing thru my mouth right now. Heading out this weekend and I'm afraid it's going to be cooler, but still moist. MOIST!!!

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    It had been wonderful here lately until last weekend when I actually got out camping. Nothing like camping in a heat advisory and storms

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    No relief in sight... the Climate Data Center predicts that for the entire US, Aug-Sep-Oct will see temps 10-20F above average with summer-like temps persisting thru October.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Runner View Post
    No relief in sight... the Climate Data Center predicts that for the entire US, Aug-Sep-Oct will see temps 10-20F above average with summer-like temps persisting thru October.
    I saw that on the weather channel...headline was "Fall lovers are not going to like this". NOOO!!!! Hopefully they're wrong, but I doubt it. It's a busy time for me and I don't want to be sweating my butt off hunting and hiking in the fall. I was looking forward to some cool 50s during the day. Hopefully winter comes in full fury with some big snows and cold, COLD air!

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty 11', 1.6 SL Hexon
    Tarp
    11' UGQ Hanger
    Insulation
    LL habanero 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Ah, might as well get used to 98 with a heat index of 111. I think here in Va Beach we have had two straight weeks in the mid to upper 90's, and I believe the next two weeks is the same forecast. I can remember summers here when we only broke 90 a couple of times. I think the normal high is 87.

Senior Member Squid In The Woods's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutch 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    HammockFan Anchors
    Quote Originally Posted by Namtrag View Post
    Ah, might as well get used to 98 with a heat index of 111. I think here in Va Beach we have had two straight weeks in the mid to upper 90's, and I believe the next two weeks is the same forecast. I can remember summers here when we only broke 90 a couple of times. I think the normal high is 87.
    Hey neighbor! I'm right here with you. Wife and I hung in Shenandoah this past weekend. Hot during the day but very comfortable at night.

-D.B.

Hammock
    Chameleon/Ridgerunner/Raven
    Tarp
    OMW/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Ghost P/Ridge Reap
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Had a nice couple days hanging in Hickory Run SP in the Poconos this past week. Now, it is back to being sucky. I slept outside last night and my little fan hanging from the ridge line worked pretty well. I bought the fan for 5 bucks at Target. One of those hanging neck fans. Saw it suggested in another thread I think. I decided to start learning to sew, so I took one of those drawstring bags and made a small items pouch and also a fan holder. I wasn't sure how I'd do the fan holder, but turns out it is a lot like a bat hammock. Works pretty good, even if it looks amateur for sure. I was only concerned about the functional aspect of both items. I'll worry about looking good when I get better and make more important gear like tarps.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty 11', 1.6 SL Hexon
    Tarp
    11' UGQ Hanger
    Insulation
    LL habanero 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid In The Woods View Post
    Hey neighbor! I'm right here with you. Wife and I hung in Shenandoah this past weekend. Hot during the day but very comfortable at night.

-D.B.
    Hey D.B.! Nice seeing some others on the forum from the area! Yeah, my wife and I went with Gunny85 up to the WV-VA border in Highland County over this past weekend and it wasn't too bad. Kind of hot during the day, but I ended up with my lightweight top quilt on me in the middle of the night as it got in the 60's. Sure beat the heat here in Va Beach!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Palace
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Mantis
    Friends of mine, part of my original trail family, reported a heat index of over 100 degrees and they're not too far south of Harper's Ferry. I'm doing a little trail hiking in AR starting later today and hiking the AT out of Hot Springs NC the middle of August. It's gonna be tough, going from being stationary (healing a fractured heel) in AC to backpacking in the dead of summer. It's kind nuts, but hey...

Hammock
    Chameleon/Ridgerunner/Raven
    Tarp
    OMW/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Ghost P/Ridge Reap
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I need to get out and backpack bad. Normally like to do over 10-15 MPD, but thinking of just an 8 mile loop over 2 days, so I do something.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast