HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Let me add to what OutandBack has said. With the changes made in the other areas, the workload has decreased significantly for all of us. This had turned into a "moderate the Market Place area" and not moderator Hammock Forums. That has changed for all of the staff here. Yes, I took on the work load, no I don't mind doing it, and that is not what changing WTT is about.

As I stated in the opening message on this thread: "Our goal is to make WTT rules more consistent with the rest of the Market Place, improve usability for the members while decreasing work load on the moderators. We are also looking to give the members more control by allowing them to not only open their threads but to close them when done, and move them from viewing area."

Every day I am answering the question once a day, at least, "how come the rules are different for WTT than for the rest of the Market Place?" This thread in answer to that.

So, if you have questions or suggestions about the WTT guidelines then by all means please let us know. Many of the changes we made to the FS rules were done because of your suggestions. But, this is not a discussion about all the Market Place rules. Those are set and while we are willing discuss them, this is not the thread to do that in.

Please feel free to open another thread and post a set of rules you would like to see but be prepared to explain why you want the changes, the reason for the changes, the impacts you see from those changes, and how you would implement them. While you are doing that please remember, HF is not a FS, WTB, or WTT forum. We are about information on hammocks...nothing else. The rest is an added benefit for the members but can not distract from the over all mission of the forum.

Now back to WTT discussion and other posts about the general MP will be removed from this discussion.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by akaCat View Post
    The one thing I'm wondering, is why have separate FS and WTT forums? I'm used to seeing the two combined. Someone will post what they want to sell/trade, and state something like "$70 or trade for X", "$70, no trades accepted", "Looking to trade for X, Y or Z." If something just isn't moving, the seller/trader then has the option to adjust the terms without messing with dual-posting or moving from one forum to the other.

The subject line would still begin with the keyword (FS, WTT, or FS/T), to make it easier to skim.
    Please check the FS section for your answer. You can select FT/FS in the pull down when you post. WTT is solely for the purpose of barter/trading as no funds can change hands.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I don't know how you could possible know the workload of the mods.
    Deb has volunteered to watch over the FS forum it was not assigned do to workload. She just enjoys doing that.
    I was spending 2 hours every day babysitting the non hammock yardsales before we shut them down.

Now I spend 5 minutes every morning looking the new hammock related sales over and the rest of my time is spent helping the new members. The reason I wanted to be a mod in the first place.

If you are not having a good time here maybe you have burned out on this hobby, many do.
    Maybe you have learned all there is to know and have no interest in helping the new folks get up to speed.
    Don't blame that on the forum.
    I get thank you notes from new members daily.
    I thought you wanted feedback. I must have been wrong. If the only feedback desired is that which sings praises I apologize. I have not burned out on the hobby, I am going justvas strong as before. I continue to help newbies get the "hang" of it as well. Perhaps it is just that hf has moved into a different direction where us old fogies opinions are not desired as the mods know best. I suppose I just long for the good ole days. Perhaps I should find a new hangout as it appears I have overstayed my welcome. Based on the seeing less and less of the old guard, I suppose I am not alone. That is too bad, as it is those with the experience which grew the forum and helped all the newbies grow and learn. Off to my hammock, a short skinny one with a pad.
    "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service
    My Trail log: http://ducttapeadk.blogspot.com/

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123