Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0

Cheap Hammocks....

Is there actually a difference between any of the "parachute cloth" hammocks that you can buy for $15-$25?
    Anyone have an opinion? Experience with one?
    They all look like they came out of the ENO factory, just cheaper and without the branding tag.

I was thinking of one as a backup/extra day-hanger, maybe to use as an H-chair with a descending ring... swap out the suspension, no sleeping overnight.
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    I have a walmart one. Strong silnylon and comfy enough. It has seams along the sides though. That can make a pinch zone. I think I paid $25. I like it.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Cheap Hammocks....

just like most things, you typically get what you pay for. the cheap hammocks will serve you well, but the quality,durability, and comfortability of the more expensive hammocks win my favor.

at any rate, a dutch netless 11 foot hammock will cost you less than $50, and there are many who swear by it.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    We have a Hennessy a Yukon Outfitters a Wilcor and a Wally world Double. The Hennessy is an expensive hammock and is so much more comfortable than the other 3. But, is it so much more comfortable to justify the price? I am not sure. My wife is very comfy in her Yukon Outfitters and I love lying around the patio in my Wally World Double. Have little experience with the Wilcor though. All in all, the Hennessy is my favourite for sleeping in on a camp trip but the Wally World Double is best to just set up for day time use. The Wally World Double is without bug net the other three all have bug nets.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Nobody has to preach me the gospel of our cottage hammock vendors being better... tweaked designs, better fabrics etc., goes to figure.

My interest is in whether anyone who has some of the cheapos sees much difference between them.
    $50 is $50... and $15-$20 is cheaper... is there better/best among the "cheap"?
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    WBBB,XLC
    Tarp
    HG cuben hex
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ35S View Post
    I have a walmart one. Strong silnylon and comfy enough. It has seams along the sides though. That can make a pinch zone. I think I paid $25. I like it.
    + 1 I just swapped out the suspension and now it's a **** nice hammock to carry on day hikes to throw up and

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Ditto....I got a "pawley's island" or something like that cheap hammock a few years ago. I don't believe it came with any kind of suspension for the $20 or so. It's a bit too short for anything but lounging. I tossed an extra set of whoopies on there and now it's a loaner hammock or something I don't mind the kids destroying. For the same/less money you can bang together a tablecloth variety for similar purposes. There's nothing wrong with cheap stuff so long as you don't expect much. How else does Harbor Freight Tools stay in business??

I have a Wal-Mart hammock, a DIY tablecloth hammock, and a WBRR. For general lounging purposes the DIY and Wal-Mart hammocks are very nice, though a little too short for sleeping. Either would make a great day hanger.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    I have a 2 Grand Trunks for traveling (so they are shorter), a wally world double, and a bunch of Yukon doubles, a chillax from Costco, a no-name from some box lot store and a couple other generics I've picked up along the way. Even among one company and size, like the Yukons, the materials differ a lot. The two Grand Trunks are different material and I like one better than the other. The wally world double is the heaviest material, the Grand Trunks are the lightest. I didn't pay more than $20 for any of these, but the types of material are vastly different. I can't say any of them are uncomfortable, but some I like the material better than others for different situations. Some are better in the heat, some give more support. I don't think I'd buy any hammock on line because you can't feel what the fabric is like before you buy it.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I have several tablecloth hammocks at $10 or $12 a pop, but I don't generally don't buy Wally World or other cheap hammocks. I bought a Byer Moskito Hammock from EMS for $25 but it was too short and too stretchy so I stopped buying stuff like that.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast