Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    OzTrail???
    Insulation
    Tentsile sky pad
    Suspension
    DIY single line
    There are heaps of eno clones out and about,the ones that look exactly like an eno probably are as they are made in the same factory in China but have a different logo on it for a different retailer.

I have a "Coleman" hammock,my second and last one I ever buy, its OK but since discovering HF and all the ideas here I've made my own gear and a lot better than the cheapies.

My first was a short jungle hammock with a built in bugnet.
    I liked them both.the fabric did not stretch much and compared to ground sleeping was bliss.

Got a bit of knee tension because of short length and a bit of shoulder squeeze(which I like) because of to flat a hang.

They were great value for money but nothing compared to the pros.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    OzTrail???
    Insulation
    Tentsile sky pad
    Suspension
    DIY single line
    If shipping and exchange rates didn't triple the price,I'd take it.

How can you make such good gear at cheap prices.

You guys in thevUS are blessed

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Grundelore View Post
    Nobody has to preach me the gospel of our cottage hammock vendors being better... tweaked designs, better fabrics etc., goes to figure.

My interest is in whether anyone who has some of the cheapos sees much difference between them.
    $50 is $50... and $15-$20 is cheaper... is there better/best among the "cheap"?
    No. No difference. I have found that the measurements can be off from what is stated/advertised. I find most of these cheap hammocks to be to narrow for me to sleep in. Bought a couple 15 dollar ones and they worked great for kids first hammock and junk hammocks to lounge around in, but even my kids have grown out of them.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Here is an 11 footer for $45 with suspension. It is 11 foot long and 78 inches wide. That is huge...
    http://www.2toutdoors.com/HammockAcc...ampaign=buffer
    I wonder if you can even see over the edge...? Ought to cut the breeze though....
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    Homemade channel end
    Tarp
    Homade Hex Xenon s
    Suspension
    Rings + webbing
    I bought the waypor parachute hammock off amazon for $20. replaced the suspension, LOVE IT!! Light and comfy. 10' long and very wide. made for 2 people. I'm 6'2" tall and 340-350lbs. I've made a few table cloth hammocks the same length, but the waypor is my favorite.

Hammock
    Chillax Double, Homemade Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY 2mil Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Quote Originally Posted by tangara View Post
    I have a 2 Grand Trunks for traveling (so they are shorter), a wally world double, and a bunch of Yukon doubles, a chillax from Costco, a no-name from some box lot store and a couple other generics I've picked up along the way. Even among one company and size, like the Yukons, the materials differ a lot. The two Grand Trunks are different material and I like one better than the other. The wally world double is the heaviest material, the Grand Trunks are the lightest. I didn't pay more than $20 for any of these, but the types of material are vastly different. I can't say any of them are uncomfortable, but some I like the material better than others for different situations. Some are better in the heat, some give more support. I don't think I'd buy any hammock on line because you can't feel what the fabric is like before you buy it.
    I love my Chillax from Costco. Soft, easy to set up, and I even dig the suspension that came with it.

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    The suspension "peanut" was the main reason I bought the Costco. I just wanted something new to play with. Really interesting idea; very strong plastic hardware, but pretty bulky for anybody who'd be backpacking. It makes it quick to set up for a non knot tier, but not that intuitive. Mistakes could be made by a novice.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    MW Monster
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies
    I have a 25 dollar FiveJoy that i purchased on Amazon and it has served me well. 500lb rating and triple stitched. I swapped out the suspension and keep it in the car as an emergency hammock. I also frequently use it as a gear hammock. I see no reason to drop extra cash for an Eno.
    I would rather be in the woods... my dog would rather be in the pool. My wife thinks we are both nuts.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    Arrowhead Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    I just got a Twisted Root hammock with mosquito net from woot.com for $30. It looks like the Yukon Outfitters mosquito hammock they were selling but after it arrived today it seems to be a bit better quality. Its a diamond ripstop that feels softer and lighter, it is 10' instead of 8'9" and had light weight carabiniers instead of the steel d-rings. Granted I'm a total noob and not willing to shell out $200 for a better hammock yet. If it comes back on sale for $30 again I would recommend it based on the test hang I did in my back yard tonight.
    http://www.woot.com/offers/twisted-r...mmock-5-colors

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by xsforis View Post
    I just got a Twisted Root hammock with mosquito net from woot.com for $30. It looks like the Yukon Outfitters mosquito hammock they were selling but after it arrived today it seems to be a bit better quality. Its a diamond ripstop that feels softer and lighter, it is 10' instead of 8'9" and had light weight carabiniers instead of the steel d-rings. Granted I'm a total noob and not willing to shell out $200 for a better hammock yet. If it comes back on sale for $30 again I would recommend it based on the test hang I did in my back yard tonight.
    http://www.woot.com/offers/twisted-r...mmock-5-colors
    It does look exactly like the Yukon... My wife has a Yukon and it is the spitin' image of that
    olive drab hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast