Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT

Wink Hey from Wilmington NC... I need some help

Hey guys, i've been using the forum for some time now but this is my first post here. So i have a few mayan hammocks for example my jumbo hammocks rada and i can get a flat lay on there no problem. On saturday I decided to get a hammock for my room to sleep full time in and replace my bed. So I went for an eno doublenest, indoor hanging kit, atlas straps. I chose studs 11.16 ft away from each other 86" (iirc) high according to hang calculator and i suspended it 21.xx inches to get the "perfect hang angle". First of all i'm 6'0", 175lbs, and i've been sleeping in it since sunday night and trying different suspension lengths with equal, legs higher, both lower etc. and i just can't get the flat lay that my mayan has. With both at 21" My back and head feel higher than my feet by a decent amount, if my head is lower than the hammock wrinkles up a bunch and feels loose and my head can't rest without my hands there and a pillow feels bad, my head will just not be supported. If they are both down low, the hammock feels unsupportive and loose. I just don't know what to try and i would like some advice from you guys. Heck i don't even know what an eno should feel like and what you guys classify as it being comfy because the mayan is OMFG so comfy but gets cold at night.

At 6', the ENO DN is going to probably be a little short for you. I'd go for an 11' hammock from one of the cottage vendors you can find here. Since you're hanging indoors you don't need all of the bells and whistles, just a basic 11' hammock.

My first hammock was an ENO DN and I slept fine in it at 5'11", but I later made a 10'6" hammock that is much more comfortable and gave the DN to my daughter. I made an 11' for my brother that was *really* comfortable, so my next hammock will also be 11'.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    Thanks for the info. I still don't get though how i've heard of many tall people enjoying the ENO DN... It doesn't feel too short but a little long, just don't know if i'm hanging it right or sleeping at the right angle

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I agree that you need a longer hammock. I use my ENO DN on day hikes only. Even though you are indoors, you will still need an UQ to stay warm at night unless you want to turn off the AC

Contact PappyAmos as he is down in your area and he might be able to give you a hang getting things set up properly
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Even though you are indoors, you will still need an UQ to stay warm at night unless you want to turn off the AC
    Maybe not. My AC is set to 75, and I've been hanging since the end of April with no UQ. At most I need light pajamas, socks and a lightweight throw blanket. Sometimes the socks and throw are far too warm.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    I agree, i feel really warm with a blanket and comfy pajamas. The hammock feels long enough, but my head just doesn't sit right.i feel flat except i don't know how much your head is supposed to be propped up in an eno.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Welcome to the forums from Marietta, GA.

My wife and I have ENO DNs and love them, we have used them overnight once and I slept great (5'11" 245 lbs). Even so, most here will advise you to get a longer hammock for comfort's sake.

That said it's hard to give you advice without seeing what you're doing. Getting with an experienced hanger to watch you hang would be a great help. Failing that, get someone to take pictures of you in your hammock and post them here, and maybe someone can see what's going on.

Happy hanging!

Greeting from Middle Georgia. Quick question. Did you say you were using your straps with the indoor hanging system? I recently purchased a ENO hanging system for my office at the fire station and I just clip in to the hangers. No straps required. I did go too high and little too far apart. It said in the instructions to hang about 112 inches from corner to corner and about 50 inches from the ground. If I am mistaken on the straps my apologies. My first hammock was a Doublenest and I replaced the biners that came with it with Black Diamond wire gate climbing biners. Works well with the indoor hanging kit. Already had a couple naps while on stand by for weather. I hope that helps. Cheers.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    There are at least 2 of us here locally for you...Pappy Amos (who is FAR more knowledgeable in hammocks than I am) is in Carolina Beach and I am just up the road from him near the Monkey Junction area. Contact us if you need a local look-see at your setup.

Also, I will be at the Carolina Beach State Park, site 66 starting Sunday night for 10 days if you want to see an outdoor setup. With 10 days to play around, I'll probably have 3 hammocks set up just to rotate through the bunch. A Hennessy Deep Jungle Asym Zip XL, a Clark NX-270 and an inexpensive Yukon with integrated bug net.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    Wow thanks guys for replying so fast... Great to see many locals here. I'll probably just keep trying it out for a few more days to see if i get used to it. Yeah i'm using atlas straps as i at first used paracord in the cobra weave which would probably stretch pretty quick. The hang calculator says i need 21 inches of suspension for 11 ft distance apart to get a 30° angle... Does anyone hang with foot side higher than head or should i just be trying to do it even on both sides for now? I'd rather not do a meetup because i'm 15 and my parents wouldn't be too fond of me going to see some guys hammocks haha

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast