Various DIY; Fronkey Bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops

SC Backpacking Anyone?

I thought I'd throw this out there for a potential fall trip to see if there's any interest. I see a lot of SC hangs at campgrounds, but wanted to see if there was any interest in scheduling a backpacking trip. I was thinking 1 to 2 nights in October or early November. I can go mid-week or weekend. I like the areas of the Foothills, Chattooga and most anything upstate, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested in the midland or lowland areas as I'd like to learn more about those ecosystems as well. I'm good for 10-15 miles per day upstate, maybe more down state. Let me know if you are interested and what trails you might like to hit. Maybe we can get something put together.
    Bill

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I really want to get over to do some of the Foothills Trail, and also the Chattooga River Trail. My wife is a teacher so our fall trips are limited to holidays, but I would be interested if the scheduling lined up. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I'm planing on going from white water to Laurel Valley on the the foothills trail in late November. So I'm up for the river trail or the any part of the FTC. On a week end trip.

Jetjay

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjay View Post
    I'm planing on going from white water to Laurel Valley on the the foothills trail in late November. So I'm up for the river trail or the any part of the FTC. On a week end trip.

Jetjay
    Jetjay,
    If you are booked up full with a group for that trip, understood, no problem. But if you're open to extra backpackers, let me know. Depending on when in November, I might be up for the whole trip or hike in from Laurel Valley and meet you part way for the hike back out.
    Bill

SC Backpacking Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Wkerber View Post
    Jetjay,
    If you are booked up full with a group for that trip, understood, no problem. But if you're open to extra backpackers, let me know. Depending on when in November, I might be up for the whole trip or hike in from Laurel Valley and meet you part way for the hike back out.
    It is going to be the 25th to the 27th. so far only two of us. We are open for more people to join.

Jetjay

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    Jetjay,
    I'll PM you when we get closer to that date. I'd like to do the whole trip, if I can get free those days (family). If not the whole trip, I might hike in from the opposite direction and see if I can't meet up with you. It'd be nice to meet some folks that like to do some backpacking trips in SC.
    Bill

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Wkerber:

I'm planning to make as many upstate trips as I can get away with this fall. I'm typically free around midday on Fridays, and head for the hills when I can. Sometimes I'm looking for solo trips, sometimes I like joining up with a group.

I also see that you're just up the road from me--I'm in Camden. Plus it looks like you fish, so you've got that going for you. Ha!

If you don't mind, keep me posted on any plans you make, and I'll do the same.
    "All alone in the night, I had my own thoughts..." ~Kerouac, On the Road

"Help me mamma, for I have grinned..."

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY/Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY/Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dyneema/Evo Loops
    DelayedNeutron:

No problem. I get real busy right now at work until near the end of September with next year's budget prep. I always try to get some trips in afterwards during October thru December.
    Bill

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Poncho Liner mods
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I would love to join in on this, if the timing is right. OCT 7-14 I'm kayaking from Columbia to Charleston. PSH's Fall Sprawl is the weekend of the 14th, also. Other than that, I'm fairly flexible. I work 10 hour days, so I have Friday-Sunday free usually.

Hammock
    10 ft DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    11ft Membrane Sil
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I would also love to join in on this if that's ok. I'm originally from Camden and moved to Florence 6 years ago. I do a lot of hiking upstate and in the Smokies. Let me know if anyone is interested.

• + New Posts