Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCherokee View Post
    Thank you! I hope I can convince my wife to read that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope so too! Tell her it's from a woman's point of view, maybe that'll help?

Quote Originally Posted by STinGa View Post
    Nice blog ... I like the He said / She said format. Keep them coming.

STinGa
    Thanks STinGa, we hope to!

Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post
    Nice! I've got it bookmarked.
    Thanks George, I enjoy your blog as well!

Quote Originally Posted by coachhahn View Post
    Very cool. Good for you guys!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    Thank you coachhahn!

Quote Originally Posted by Geekeneer View Post
    Good read. Keep it coming.
    Thanks Geekeneer. Cool name! We plan to!

Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    fantastic!! I can completely relate. Kinda been going through the same thing the past couple years. Looking forward to following your adventures!!
    That's cool JmBoh. I knew we weren't the only ones. We're looking forward to the journey as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Philsweep View Post
    Good job. Just keep moving.
    Yes sir, we plan to. Thanks Philsweep!

Quote Originally Posted by ccolclou View Post
    Very cool! I really, really enjoy the perspective from both sides. One thing I want to know thought - what were Cathy's thoughts and response when you first brought up buying the bikes?
    She was for it from the beginning. My wife is very supportive when I have good ideas, and lets me know when my ideas aren't so great or they need a little refinement. Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk3 View Post
    Way to go ...looking forward to the journey with you guys.

Turk3
    Thanks Turk3, we are as well!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I knew when I've been watching your videos that there was something special about you and your wife's hikes. Yours and her perspectives were always bright and sunny and it was and is a pleasure watching these videos. Good job by you guys. This could be your mission in life and so far I believe you guys have gotten a great start and doing an excellent job. Now keep it up and and thanks for sharing your videos and your message.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I knew when I've been watching your videos that there was something special about you and your wife's hikes. Yours and her perspectives were always bright and sunny and it was and is a pleasure watching these videos. Good job by you guys. This could be your mission in life and so far I believe you guys have gotten a great start and doing an excellent job. Now keep it up and and thanks for sharing your videos and your message.
    Thank you TrailSlug. That really does mean alot to both of us. We're glad you've enjoyed our videos so far and hope you keep enjoying them and our blog too!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnspenn View Post
    Thank you TrailSlug. That really does mean alot to both of us. We're glad you've enjoyed our videos so far and hope you keep enjoying them and our blog too!
    You're welcome. I motivated to get back our in this hot weather as I'm a fall/winter/spring hiker but you guys have motivated me. Hopefully I can run into you guys one day on the trail.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    You're welcome. I motivated to get back our in this hot weather as I'm a fall/winter/spring hiker but you guys have motivated me. Hopefully I can run into you guys one day on the trail.
    That would be very cool. We actually have a video I need to post talking about the heat and other issues. You'll enjoy it

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks, I like the principle behind your adventure and enjoyed the video I watched! Keep them rolling.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    Thanks, I like the principle behind your adventure and enjoyed the video I watched! Keep them rolling.
    Thanks dirtwheels! Will do!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Great read, and always glad to see folks finding their way "from the couch to the trail". Good stuff, and keep it up!

Early last year, I found myself and others in a relative situation which is what led to the creation of my group, Trekking Recovery. Though we (as a group) haven't been able to get our schedules in sync for all the trips we'd like to take, the ones we have taken have been wonderful in many of the same ways you talk about in your blog. Life's always better with time spent exploring. Not just exploring nature, but exploring our own selves as well. There's treasures to be found out there if one seeks them.

Carry on, good sir!
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 07-05-2016 at 22:18.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY Starry Night
    Insulation
    LL down quilts
    Suspension
    Beetles/huggers
    Images
    Nice blog! Echoes some of what I have been experiencing myself this past year. I've caught the hiking and DIY bugs and have no plans to go back to where I was physically or emotionally. Having lost 45 pounds, with more to go, I am much happier and stronger. I am so much more capable than I thought I was!

You are very lucky to have a life partner who shares your passions. I do most of my hiking solo (but do enjoy the solitude). It would be nice to have a hiking partner occasionally.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Great read, and always glad to see folks finding their way "from the couch to the trail". Good stuff, and keep it up!

Early last year, I found myself and others in a relative situation which is what led to the creation of my group, Trekking Recovery. Though we (as a group) haven't been able to get our schedules in sync for all the trips we'd like to take, the ones we have taken have been wonderful in many of the same ways you talk about in your blog. Life's always better with time spent exploring. Not just exploring nature, but exploring our own selves as well. There's treasures to be found out there if one seeks them.

Carry on, good sir!
    Yessir, treasures without and within. Thanks Scarecrow and you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by HippieChick View Post
    Nice blog! Echoes some of what I have been experiencing myself this past year. I've caught the hiking and DIY bugs and have no plans to go back to where I was physically or emotionally. Having lost 45 pounds, with more to go, I am much happier and stronger. I am so much more capable than I thought I was!

You are very lucky to have a life partner who shares your passions. I do most of my hiking solo (but do enjoy the solitude). It would be nice to have a hiking partner occasionally.
    You and my wife's experience sound very similar. She is also finding out that she's much more capable than she thought she was. It's fun to watch.

We feel very blessed that we have this shared passion. Hope you can find a compatible hiking partner that you can share your experiences with soon! Thanks HippieChick!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast