Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Worst part about hammock camping in south Mississippi is 1) the heat/humidity, imagine hanging your hammock in a sauna and 2) the bugs will carry you away. Last trip I went on in May I was covered in Sawyer Picaridin and I was still killing mosquitos by the dozen.

Hammock
    Hennessey Scout
    Tarp
    12 foot sil tarp
    Insulation
    3.6 oz climashield
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The worst part of hammock camping is no matter how rich you can be you will never have enough hammocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But that is .0001 ounces heavier😓.
    -Chris

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    xenon/bonded/RecWi
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    The worst part about hammock camping in Tennessee is that the air is permeated with the follow scents, that make you want to go inside and.... BBQ smoke...makes me follow my taste buds, Whiskey...Visit my friend Jack....,Cow manure and paper mills....retreat, We also have some of the most humid weather that makes your hammock cling to you like an Olympic swim suit and no Beach. And Now it's being invaded by Armadillo's
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Strap / whoopie
    Hammocks in Tennessee, it's a lot more good than bad, that is, if you want to be outside. Heat, humidity, bugs, all part of the experience, compared to a tent, I'll take the hammock every time!
    Worst is just not part at all!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajama
    Insulation
    Burrow / Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch

The Worst Part of Hammock Camping In... (Humorous but True)

Quote Originally Posted by T- Minus View Post
    The worst part about hammock camping in Tennessee is that the air is permeated with the follow scents, that make you want to go inside and.... BBQ smoke...makes me follow my taste buds, Whiskey...Visit my friend Jack....,Cow manure and paper mills....retreat, We also have some of the most humid weather that makes your hammock cling to you like an Olympic swim suit and no Beach. And Now it's being invaded by Armadillo's
    I am amazed at how quick the armidillo's have made a home in middle Tennessee. I see them quite often, but two years ago there were hardly any, at least in my part of Tennessee.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.skinner View Post
    The worst part of hammock camping near Cleveland is the lack of free primitive camping. I need to drive at least 2 hours to get to a legal campsite to go backpacking.

And they ask me why all of my gear is camo.

In related news, this one time I decided to take my WBBB on a trip with me. It was an old 1.0 double layer job, and the bottom layer had ripped (a few feet!). I decided I would duck tape it and head out in the woods. The duck tape didn't last, but the 1.0 did. At least for a night. The second night, it deposited me on the ground. Well, not quite the ground: I was hung above a bunch of mossy boulders and fell in the midst of them. Thankfully, this was not in the middle of the night; I was taking a load off after humping it all day. Long story short, I spent the night on the ground using my sit pad and a companion's sit pad, and it sucked.

I live in North Royalton and work in Independence. I feel your pain about having to travel to backpack. Mohican is really the closest thing we have!

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    xenon/bonded/RecWi
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrik View Post
    I am amazed at how quick the armidillo's have made a home in middle Tennessee. I see them quite often, but two years ago there were hardly any, at least in my part of Tennessee.
    I saw one the other day on the side of the road I-75/I-24 split in Chattanooga first time seeing them this side of Monteagle TN they say they will thrive all over the state except some of the higher colder peaks of the Smokies. I think they are kinda neat minus the fact that they can carry Leprosy and love wild blackberries.

And yes, hammock camping in TN is great, and more good than bad.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    cheap tent tarp
    Suspension
    atlas straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by g2outdoors View Post
    The worst part about loving Hammock camping is drooling at all the beautiful trip pics while not being able to go!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    I hear that makes me just want to move in the woods lol. but it dose help keep me feeling good till I can get out.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunpapa View Post
    I hear that makes me just want to move in the woods lol. but it dose help keep me feeling good till I can get out.
    Agreed!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains

The Worst Part of Hammock Camping In... (Humorous but True)

The worst part about hammock camping (and camping in general really) when living in the Chicago is simply getting away from pavement! There are very few areas to camp that don't have a major highway, town, Walmart, restaurant, bar or other heavily used commercial enterprise within a quarter mile. We have to drive between five and ten hours to get somewhere that's not crawling with people and flooded with light from a parking lot. The greater Chicago area has a population of around 10 million people. Pretty tough to get away from them for some quiet time in the woods.

Chicago, great place to visit but sure wish I didn't live here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast