Dutchware DL 11'
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing

Anybody prefer cheaper hammocks here??

I might be crazy, but I think I'm starting to like my dutchware nylonD 11' more
    Than my WBBB XLC. Once I got the BB I never went back to the Dutchware,
    Until last week when a friend asked to try out the BB because he was
    considering buying one.

I find that it's equally, if not more comfortable. And for some reason it also feels bigger, though they are both 11' and I didn't order the Dutchware in wide.

There are certainly things I like better about the BB, like the shelf and the zippered bugnet, because with the fronkey net I tend to kick out my TQ fairly often, and obviously the shelf is just handy. But despite the asymmetrical lay provided by the BB I don't feel any more comfortable in it.
    Last edited by Dylan D; 07-02-2016 at 11:05. Reason: Idk why the first part of this was spaced randomly but I can't fix it

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Hey, HYOH as many of us say around here. If the Dutch is more comfortable for you then by all means go forth and hang. It's not what you hang in as long as you hang and hang often

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Simple, gathered-end hammocks like Dutch's have always been more comfortable for me. Yes some people just love the features of integrated hammocks - zippers, gear shelves, topcovers and footboxes.

And I still think the solution to kicking your TQ out of your hammock is to - SURPRISE! - stop kicking your TQ out of your hammock. It's not that hard to learn.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I have two Dutch hammocks and will be buying a third if/when he has one with a full integrated bug net.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    I had a pair of new Hennesseys that were decked out, then picked up a ticket to the moon to lounge in. I may have slept in the Kennedy for the bug protection but they weren't even close in comfort. Got a great bar-spread bug net and just need the undershirt to have the TTM as a go-to. I sold the Hennessey pair, picked up a Vertex and while awesome its not as comfy. Just got the NX-270 and its much better but I do wish the materiel was more like the Tickets. I just can't see the stretchy fabric working on that kind of hammock. The Clarks might be the upper $$$ but to me they were much more comfortable than the Hennessey though a lot of people find the reverse to be true.

Like the Slug squipped, hang your own hang and hang often. I simply take the gym to lounge and the NX to sleep in.

I love my WBRR, particularly for camping, but my 12.5 foot gathered end tablecloth hammock is way comfy and would be more than adequate if I didn't have the cash for the WBRR. Around the house I find myself lounging in a cheapo equip hammock from Wal-Mart. To short for sleeping but great for lounging.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    I have a Hennessy and love it but also have a cheap Wally World double Equip which I find very comfy. My wife absolutely loves her Yukon Outfitters Mosquito hammock. Just picked up an inexpensive but very roomy Wilcor Mosquito hammock and like it so far. But need to use it a few times before the final results are in. Not thinking this last one will be a winner. But it works for now as the Hennessy is out for repairs. Funny thing is, the expensive hammock has troubles needing repair while none of the cheap ones do... Still...But nothing beats my Hennessy for me.
    Last edited by bobamos; 07-02-2016 at 17:30.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Cuben Hex 11ft
    Insulation
    EE 30 deg 950 down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan D View Post
    I might be crazy, but I think I'm starting to like my dutchware nylonD 11' more
    Than my WBBB XLC.
    I have evolved in the same direction as you have. Although I see I have not update my Hammock listed on the left yet

Hammock
    Ridgerunner / Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    12oz curls
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by gmac55 View Post
    I love my WBRR, particularly for camping, but my 12.5 foot gathered end tablecloth hammock is way comfy and would be more than adequate if I didn't have the cash for the WBRR. Around the house I find myself lounging in a cheapo equip hammock from Wal-Mart. To short for sleeping but great for lounging.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I saw today Wally World had hammocks, first time I had noticed them there. They had 3 different ones, one with an integrated hug net. I think they were all $35-40, seemed like a good deal to get somebody started

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    What is the place that occasionally sells the super cheap camping hammock that a few on here have tried? I remember it has the bug net and all. Random off-brand deal?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast