Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Attention

When you arrive at the check in station, tell them you are with the hammockers in the group camp site.
    You should not have to pay anything to get in.

Also, the group site is free for our group this weekend because some of us will do the Hammock Camping Demo during the festival on Sat.

Of course, not everybody needs to take part in the demo.
    As long as we have at least 8 or 10 willing to hang a hammock & hang out there to answer questions between 10am & 5pm we will be good.
    Some stay at the demo most of that time. Others only part of it.
    Some arrive late from breakfast clean up. Some leave early to start preparing what they brought for the group meal.

Some do a variety of other things... day hike, check out the festival, go to the wild pony auction at 2pm or whatever suits them.

It's always good to have a few from our group drop by the hammock demo, whether to just say hey & see what the demo set up is like or to relive those spending the day there so they can go eat & maybe walk around to see the other attractions at the festival...
    apple butter being made, and molasses, food, crafts, blacksmithing, live music, etc.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    We don't talk about Mother Nature's comings and goings for this hang, but I am SMILING so far!!

As a side note, we have 68 folks on the sign up sheet as of today. This will be the most attendees we have ever had. That said, parking will be a problem as there is little space around the group site and country store. Overflow parking will be at the Hiker Parking lot at the entrance road to the campground, just on your left as you turn in toward the camping area. After unloading your stuff at the group site, get with one of the folks around the site and get a shuttle back to the Hiker lot. WE DO NOT park in the campground area as that is for paid campers.
    We will talk with park staff to see what else might be closer, but based on looking around over the years, most other spots are very small.
    Thanks for understanding in advance.
    This also means we will need to spread out further than we have before, but there is plenty of room for hammocks down the hill and behind the country store. We would appreciate lyour eaving the tent pads open for those with hammock stands. Those sites are jam up against the main work and "party" area so some might want to be further away for "piece of mind". We usually have some night owls up keeping the fire going late.

Get with myself, Slowhike, Hickery, or Gunner for advice on locations if you arrive late Friday.
    Last edited by Rockdawg69; 09-21-2016 at 10:30.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I can't get I to the spreadsheet but I'm makin WV hot dogs for Sat night, and breakfast sausage for Sat morn. I'm bringing a copy of the Barefoot sister's Appalachain trail book for the raffle and a few other small items. I'm also bringing some gear to make those rolled up windscreens if anyone wants to make one, I'll instruct.

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using Tapatalk
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post
    Is there cell phone service at the hang site?
    It can be spotty. I have WiFi in my truck if anyone needs to get a message out or check in.

"He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I can't get I to the spreadsheet but I'm makin WV hot dogs for Sat night, and breakfast sausage for Sat morn. I'm bringing a copy of the Barefoot sister's Appalachain trail book for the raffle and a few other small items. I'm also bringing some gear to make those rolled up windscreens if anyone wants to make one, I'll instruct.

WV hot dogs, sounds interesting! I love hot dogs!

I met one of the Bare Foot Sisters at Trail Days a few years back!

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I don't think the parking area across the road from the camp store is for staff only but we will need to leave some spaces open for staff & other campers.
    So the shuttle thing is a good idea for those willing to do so, especially if you can keep things fairly simple so you bring what you need either to your hammock set up or some where around camp central where the big 20' x 30' tarp will be over two rows of picnic tables (8 total I believe).
    That sounds like a lot of space but it can get crowded on those tables.

If you want to have extra gear close by at camp central, putting it in a plastic tote with lid is a good idea. Then it can be set off to the side for easy access but not under the big tarp.
    Maybe someone can bring another good size tarp that we can string up off to one side for over flow gear.

For those who need to keep a vehicle need camp, there are three general areas we can park some cars.
    1)... Beside the camp store there are parking spaces next to the road & in a lower, gravel parking area.
    Note; there are spaces for a couple cars directly behind the camp store. Do not park in those or on the dirt road behind the store & amphitheater.
    2)... There are parking spaces at the rest rooms next to the group camp site. Probably be OK for 2 or 3 to park there but we need to leave open spaces because there are often times other people stopping to use them.
    3)... a few can park in the gravel parking area across the road from the store. but there again, we don't want to fill all spaces.

I'm going to see if I can pack every thing in tubs so I don't need to access my car much.
    For some bringing large amounts of food & kitchen gear that will be more difficult, so they may need to park closer.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Often times it's a good idea to keep food in cars at night but I don't recall ever having an animal problem. Not even a mouse.

That being said, it's probably a good idea to keep food stored in at least a lidded, plastic tote or cooler at night.
    Some of those needing to keep their car near camp may offer others to store some food in it overnight.

There are two water faucets at group camp.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    WV hot dogs, sounds interesting! I love hot dogs!

I met one of the Bare Foot Sisters at Trail Days a few years back!
    The sauce is what makes it a WV dog. The sisters had a scary time passing through Grayson Highlands. Love to hear all about meeting one. Campfire fodder!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    I don't think the parking area across the road from the camp store is for staff only but we will need to leave some spaces open for staff & other campers.
    So the shuttle thing is a good idea for those willing to do so, especially if you can keep things fairly simple so you bring what you need either to your hammock set up or some where around camp central where the big 20' x 30' tarp will be over two rows of picnic tables (8 total I believe).
    That sounds like a lot of space but it can get crowded on those tables.

If you want to have extra gear close by at camp central, putting it in a plastic tote with lid is a good idea. Then it can be set off to the side for easy access but not under the big tarp.
    Maybe someone can bring another good size tarp that we can string up off to one side for over flow gear.

For those who need to keep a vehicle need camp, there are three general areas we can park some cars.
    1)... Beside the camp store there are parking spaces next to the road & in a lower, gravel parking area.
    Note; there are spaces for a couple cars directly behind the camp store. Do not park in those or on the dirt road behind the store & amphitheater.
    2)... There are parking spaces at the rest rooms next to the group camp site. Probably be OK for 2 or 3 to park there but we need to leave open spaces because there are often times other people stopping to use them.
    3)... a few can park in the gravel parking area across the road from the store. but there again, we don't want to fill all spaces.

I'm going to see if I can pack every thing in tubs so I don't need to access my car much.
    For some bringing large amounts of food & kitchen gear that will be more difficult, so they may need to park closer.
    I'm on a motorcycle so I going to try and tuck it closer to camp if I can squeeze it in.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post

Gotcha covered on the spreadsheet. Found an empty row that worked.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

• + New Posts
  • Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast