Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    What he said...Thank you Two Tents.

We have sold quite a few "to hold a pad in place". Our daughter has used it a few times without any issues. We still sell the standard design without the tweaked feature. We also sell the standard bridge style or the bridge style "to hold a pad in place".
    Donna
    Can you link me to the product and a video that explains it? Whatever it is that I can buy for my Mark 2 that'll hold the bed in place?

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HammockLighter View Post
    Can you link me to the product and a video that explains it? Whatever it is that I can buy for my Mark 2 that'll hold the bed in place?
    http://2qzqhammockhanger.com/hammockaccessories.html . Scroll down the page until you come to the UnderQuiltProtectors. We do not have a video showing the UQP in use.
    Check out this Hammock Forums thread for more information. https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...-to-hold-a-pad
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

http://2qzqhammockhanger.com/hammockaccessories.html . Scroll down the page until you come to the UnderQuiltProtectors. We do not have a video showing the UQP in use.
    Check out this Hammock Forums thread for more information. https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...-to-hold-a-pad
    Donna
    Please assume I know nothing.

Is this product one where I would put my pad inside of it, then attach it after attaching my underquilt?

In this order:

- Hammock
    - Underquilt
    - Pad
    - Your product?

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    The UQP is pictured on our website in the Argon Camo and Epsilon Multicam.

If using the UQP to protect a Under Quilt, you would hang the hammock, then put the UQ on the outside of the hammock, and then the UQP on the outside of the UQ.

If using a pad...it is hammock, pad, then the UQP. The UQP holds the pad in place under the hammock. The Hammock Forums link I gave you above, explains a lot.

I don't think one would use a pad and UQ together, although you probably could...but I would be leery of condensation issues from the pad. You don't want to get your UQ wet. I'm not sure in what order the pad and UQ should be...probably pad first. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Tim isn't available for me to ask.

I hope this helps.
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

The UQP is pictured on our website in the Argon Camo and Epsilon Multicam.

If using the UQP to protect a Under Quilt, you would hang the hammock, then put the UQ on the outside of the hammock, and then the UQP on the outside of the UQ.

If using a pad...it is hammock, pad, then the UQP. The UQP holds the pad in place under the hammock. The Hammock Forums link I gave you above, explains a lot.

I don't think one would use a pad and UQ together, although you probably could...but I would be leery of condensation issues from the pad. You don't want to get your UQ wet. I'm not sure in what order the pad and UQ should be...probably pad first. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Tim isn't available for me to ask.

I hope this helps.
    Donna
    I think I got it.

Its:

1) Hammock
    2) Inflatable Pad
    3) UQP

Would I be placing the pad into the UQP after the UQP is hung?

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Yes, you would hang the hammock and UQP...adjust the UQP...with someone's help. It is best to have someone laying in the hammock to get the UQP adjusted to your hammock...we send instructions with the UQP.

You would then slip the pad in between the hammock and UQP...put it approx where you think it should be. Get in your hammock, and adjust the pad...it will require you to be able to reach outside your hammock for adjustment. Example...you would not be able to do this with a classic bottom entry Hennessy, unless it had our zipper modification.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I would be interested in feedback about the UQP/pad holder from cold sleepers. I have a hard time believing that there won't be any gaps; my HG underquilts have tiny gaps even when cranked as tight as possible (I think that's an effect of the differential cut), and a pad is a lot stiffer. Also, unless the UQP is hung without shock cords, an inflatable pad should not provide additional support as it does when used "on" the hammock - only warmth.

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    I would be interested in feedback about the UQP/pad holder from cold sleepers. I have a hard time believing that there won't be any gaps; my HG underquilts have tiny gaps even when cranked as tight as possible (I think that's an effect of the differential cut), and a pad is a lot stiffer. Also, unless the UQP is hung without shock cords, an inflatable pad should not provide additional support as it does when used "on" the hammock - only warmth.
    You could send PMs to both my testers in the HF thread link I posted in post #12 above. Hopefully they can answer your question better than I.

Also, I'm not sure what you are asking/stating in your last sentence. The UQP wouldn't work without shock cord on the sides. Using a pad with the UQP is for warmth only...no support for the person in the hammock.

Hopefully someone will chime in here and answer your question.

Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    DIY 11',65W;V-Allen Bridge
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Klymt Ins V AirMat
    Suspension
    Whoopi Slings
    Images
    I think hutzelbein is referring to an inflated pad while you are thinking ccf. An inflated pad does alter the feel by distributing support more evenly like a bed. The insulated Klymit V is the only pad that worked for me. I think it's the same thing the OP is using...
    Failure is a good friend you will meet on the road to success. Just remember, he will give the best directions...

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Also, I'm not sure what you are asking/stating in your last sentence. The UQP wouldn't work without shock cord on the sides. Using a pad with the UQP is for warmth only...no support for the person in the hammock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hanger View Post
    I think hutzelbein is referring to an inflated pad while you are thinking ccf. An inflated pad does alter the feel by distributing support more evenly like a bed. The insulated Klymit V is the only pad that worked for me. I think it's the same thing the OP is using...
    Exactly. I was referring to the OP's statement:

Quote Originally Posted by HammockLighter View Post
    I enjoy the sleeping pad, makes me feel like i'm on a real bed.
    I know exactly what he/she means; I used a Therm-a-Rest ProLite between the layers of my WBBB, and it always gave me the feeling of lying on a super comfortable bed. A little bit like a waterbed, only much better. It also prevented the calf ridge. But this is only possible because it's between the body and the hammock. As soon as you hang it under the hammock, this effect should be lost - unless you use the UQP like a second hammock layer with e.g. a Dyneema suspension so that it actually carries part of the body weight. With a shock cord suspension the pad won't be able to provide additional support.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12