Building something out of something

Any advice on additions to make my setup complete and easy to set up? Not fussed too much about weight, but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I currently have a grand trunk double, tree slings, thermarest sleep pad, Trauma ultralight siltarp 8' x 10'. I use a paracord ridgelines and guylines. Looking to possibly mod the suspension with whoopie slings, a bug net, and eventually under quilt. Suggestions???

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I would suggest that you may want to use cordage that dose not absorb water and has a low to no stretch, Lash it, zing it, spectra, dyneema ect.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    Chillax Double, Homemade Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY 2mil Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    I love the DIY approach. I bought bug netting from Michael's for next to nothing, cut it to fit my ridgeline, then duct taped washers to the bottoms and corners for weights. It packs down great and I haven't been bitten yet. I ran some shock cord through an old kid's sleeping bag for an under quilt. It hugs my hammock nicely. The only downside is that it's bulky to carry. It's well worth the extra packing compared to a sleep pad. The hammock is made from an old tarp. The same tarp as the one I use which came from an old Eureka Timberline tent. All of my cordage is extra paracord. Eno River 2.JPGEno River 3.JPGEno River 4.JPGHammock 1.JPGHammock 2.JPGHammock 3.JPGHammock 4.JPG

Hammock
    Chillax Double, Homemade Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY 2mil Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    I used to use a piece of 2' wide by 6' long Reflextix from Lowes. I found that you can get static shock in the winter. It also slides around a lot making for a few uncomfortable cold spots at times. That's when I decides to go for an under quilt.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by T- Minus View Post
    I would suggest that you may want to use cordage that dose not absorb water and has a low to no stretch, Lash it, zing it, spectra, dyneema ect.
    +1 on the Zing-It/Lash-it. It's ridiculously lightweight and compact as well as the other attributes listed above. I'm not familiar with tree slings, but ya really can't go wrong with webbing straps and whoopies for the suspension. Other recommendations I'd make would likely end up leading to high dollar items. For now, I'll just recommend the "not as expensive" upgrades. Good luck on your quest. I know many folks here will have suggestions I hadn't even thought of.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

• + New Posts