Ultralite Backpacker
    Tarp
    30 D Silnylon
    Insulation
    JacksRBetter Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook

Reinserting Ridgeline

So I recently purchased Dutchware's Whoopie slings with Dutch clips for my suspension system (which I think is far superior to Hennesy's figure 8 lashing both is ease of use and ability to make changes on the fly) and installed it on my ultralite backpacker. That meant that I had to remove the suspension lines that came with my Hennesey. No trouble there. However, when I set it up with my new suspension, I was bummed to see the internal ridgeline in my hammock had fallen out. I'm sure that I can put it back in, I just don't know how. Can someone give me some guidance there? Which of the two holes to feed the line through, and how to tie it off at the ends?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    While your Hennessy suspension may be different, these videos should give you an idea on how to install whoopie slings and a ridgeline.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Ultralite Backpacker
    Tarp
    30 D Silnylon
    Insulation
    JacksRBetter Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    No, that doesn't seem correct. He did point out the loop of the ridgeline cord in that video, which I guess I missed when I was putting my system together, but I don't install Whoopie slings directly. This system only uses a continuous loop attached to the hammock. How would I attach the ridgeline to that? And again, how exactly should the ridgeline run?

Update: Let me rephrase that. So the ridgeline was the cord that was passed through with the bowline knot in my hammock, just as that video showed, but for some reason I missed that when installing and just let it slip out when I installed my continuous loop. It should be an easy fix, I'm just not 100% sure how to run the ridgeline back through exactly, and how to attach it to the continuous loop, unless I should just loop it through before I pull the continuous loop taut.
    Last edited by Zhubros; 06-15-2016 at 21:22.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhubros View Post
    No, that doesn't seem correct. He did point out the loop of the ridgeline cord in that video, which I guess I missed when I was putting my system together, but I don't install Whoopie slings directly. This system only uses a continuous loop attached to the hammock. How would I attach the ridgeline to that? And again, how exactly should the ridgeline run?
    The ridgeline was probably larksheaded onto the rope. It doesn't matter if it's a continuous loop or you're larksheading the fixed loop of the whoopie sling through the holes, you just need to larkshead the ridgeline onto the whoopie sling (or the continuous loop).

So I take it you bought the whoopie slings without finding out how to install them on a Hennessey beforehand? It might have been helpful to know that prior to purchase to insure you bought the right thing. Whoopieslings.com makes a whoopie sling specifically for Hennessy Hammocks, and I'm sure Dutch would have tips on whether you ordered the proper whoopiesling for your hammock.

Personally, I wasn't aware that one could install just a continuous loop on a Hennessey. Do you have whoopie hooks? Anyway, you just need to larkshead the ridgeline onto the continuous loop and you'll be set.

Hammock
    Ultralite Backpacker
    Tarp
    30 D Silnylon
    Insulation
    JacksRBetter Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Oh I definitely did my research, and definitely ordered the correct product. I'd watched the videos you posted meant times prior; I was actually just going to go the whoopie sling route, and follow that video exactly, hanging with a Marlin spike hitch and toggle system, but then while I was exploring dutchware, I saw he had a new system that used whoopie slings and hooks and that looked really cool. And it checked out. So no problems there. Just in my excitement of getting this new system I forgot to keep an eye on the ridgeline and it slipped out and was just curious if someone else had had that happen and could offer advice on throwing it back together. But I'll figure out the route and larkshead it back together, which sounds right.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Whoopie hooks are nice - I've been using them since they first came out. It shouldn't be too hard to find the ridgeline and larkshead it onto the continuous loop.

Hammock
    Ultralite Backpacker
    Tarp
    30 D Silnylon
    Insulation
    JacksRBetter Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    I'll be kicking myself about this forever......but I'm not sure where the entry point are at the gathered ends for inserting the ridgeline. Should have paid closer attention. If anyone can post some pictures or something showing how the ridgeline is attached to their Hennessey, I would be most greatful. Seeing how it goes together would help me in putting it back on.

Hammock
    3 gathered ends
    Tarp
    JRB Hex
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I took off my Whoopie slings today also. There is a small hold to the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Courage Grows Strong at a Wound" - Stewart Clan Motto

Hammock
    3 gathered ends
    Tarp
    JRB Hex
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    There is a small hole to the side of the two big holes. I ran a probe in and taped the ridgeline on it.

"Courage Grows Strong at a Wound" - Stewart Clan Motto

Hammock
    3 gathered ends
    Tarp
    JRB Hex
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images