UQ Hooks and Tie outs hooks
    Ridgeline Organizer

Color Accents:
    Zipper Hood 2.2oz Hex70xl Coyote Brown
    Lime Grosgrain loops
    Black reflective zipper pulls
    Stuff Sack 1.8 Night Grid Camo
    Top Stitching Lime

I have 2 Siberian Huskies and if need be I would have one jump up into the hammock (one likes to cuddle 65lbs and the other doesn't 75lbs) That's why I was thinking I needed more strength and durability.

My Questions,
    1. Is the hammock double or tripple stitched?
    2. When contacting through FB I was able to get 1/8 Amsteel whoopies instead of 7/64 for $5 more, Is that price for each end or all together? How much would it be for the Ridgeline to be 1/8 Amsteel as well? Are all the color options still available with 1/8?
    3. From reading on the site at first I was looking at the 1.6oz HyperD XL because of the width. Plus it says that its a premium choice for hammocks. I was wondering the difference in softness to the touch between the 1.6 and the 2.2 I understand the 2.2 is thicker, but I want something comfortable as well. I'd hate to get a +400$ set up and it feel a bit plasticy or uncomfortable.
    4. Am I able to get a 2.2oz outter at 67.5 inches wide and the inside at 1.6oz at 72 inches wide? How would that work? Just cut the fabric to the same width? Or is that even possible as an option? What do you suggest?
    5. Is the Peak Shelf useful when you have the storage pocket and ridgeline organizer? I can see getting it if I was only getting one of the other options, but talk me into it please I want this to be my "Dream" Sleep System! Plus I love pockets!
    6. Will the Setup I have chosen be a bit too heavy? Would you suggest going with a lighter overcover or the same material as the bottom?
    7. Are you selling those zipper bags you did a video on yet? lol (I want one)

I feel like I have more questions but I guess I can post up and ask later if need be

Thanks in advance!

PS. Dream Hammock's Website is by far the best and easiest to navigate out of all the others I have seen! Very helpful and useful tools right at your fingertips. Great work on that!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebreth View Post
    I feel like I have more questions but I guess I can post up and ask later if need be
    Hi Calebreth,
    I just looked up your location. Just got home from spending some time visiting my daughter in Washington, PA so I was pretty near your area all weekend.

The best way to communicate directly with Deanna or myself would be to email us. [email protected] for hammock guidance or [email protected] for order changes & status.

This sub forum can be a helpful place to get opinions and general knowledge of our products, but for help with your specific configuration or hammock order it would be best to speak directly with us.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF 11'
    Insulation
    HG TQ, Wookie UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and Straps
    I know I probably should have gone with a DL, but decided against it.

Instead I have a TB and Sparrow, both with a SL 2.7 marpat. I often have my two dogs sleep with me in my hammock, they are 30 lbs each and it holds just fine. Even more interesting is my wife (120 lbs) often hops in (after taking the top off), and WITH the dogs in as well, we all lean back and watch a movie together. I'm sure Randy wouldn't suggest this, I'm only mentioning it because it has worked for me.

Peak shelf: I have one with it and one without. I've found that I personally don't use it at all because the shelf sides (which makes it a shelf) rolls over to one side of the ridgeline (depending on which way I'm laying) and dumps out most of what's stored in the shelf. This is why I didn't order a peak shelf in my second one. However, it could be that I'm doing it entirely incorrectly..

In short, I LOVE my hammocks. Definitely the most comfortable and well made ones I've ever had. I'm sure no matter what you go with, you'll be extremely happy.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Papa Smurf , (Randy) is allways willing to take as much time as you need to answer all your questions, he is top of the line in customer service and he really enjoys what he does.
    One question i will speak to is strength, i have a Thunderbird that i got just before he came out with the sparrow (real kick in the pants)and when i contacted him i informed him that i wieghed in at 450 lbs, he suggested the 1.6 Hyper D in a double layer, he was right, mot only is it the softest nicest feeling fabric that i ever tried out but it holds my wieght with no problems at all,,, VERY STRONG fabric.
    I cannot speak to how any fabric would hold up against your dogs nails , i dont know how sharp they are but i know that at 450.00 lbs i can bounce around all day in my Dream Hammock with no worries at all,, i hope this helps.
    Talk to Papa Smurf , he may have more insight to your questions.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Hi Calebreth,
    I just looked up your location. Just got home from spending some time visiting my daughter in Washington, PA so I was pretty near your area all weekend.
    That's Awesome! I am out there all the time, it's about 15 minutes away from me. Hope you guys had a great trip!
    The best way to communicate directly with Deanna or myself would be to email us. [email protected] for hammock guidance or [email protected] for order changes & status.
    Roger That, will send an email asap! Thanks for the help
    This sub forum can be a helpful place to get opinions and general knowledge of our products, but for help with your specific configuration or hammock order it would be best to speak directly with us.
    Thank you for the knowledge, being new around here not sure what protocol is.

Edit: Email Sent !
    Last edited by Calebreth; 06-12-2016 at 17:48.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Papa Smurf , (Randy) is allways willing to take as much time as you need to answer all your questions, he is top of the line in customer service and he really enjoys what he does.
    One question i will speak to is strength, i have a Thunderbird that i got just before he came out with the sparrow (real kick in the pants)and when i contacted him i informed him that i wieghed in at 450 lbs, he suggested the 1.6 Hyper D in a double layer, he was right, mot only is it the softest nicest feeling fabric that i ever tried out but it holds my wieght with no problems at all,,, VERY STRONG fabric.
    I cannot speak to how any fabric would hold up against your dogs nails , i dont know how sharp they are but i know that at 450.00 lbs i can bounce around all day in my Dream Hammock with no worries at all,, i hope this helps.
    Talk to Papa Smurf , he may have more insight to your questions.
    That's good information, thanks! Will Def tweak around a little bit and ask some questions.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkThompson View Post
    I know I probably should have gone with a DL, but decided against it.

Instead I have a TB and Sparrow, both with a SL 2.7 marpat. I often have my two dogs sleep with me in my hammock, they are 30 lbs each and it holds just fine. Even more interesting is my wife (120 lbs) often hops in (after taking the top off), and WITH the dogs in as well, we all lean back and watch a movie together. I'm sure Randy wouldn't suggest this, I'm only mentioning it because it has worked for me.

Peak shelf: I have one with it and one without. I've found that I personally don't use it at all because the shelf sides (which makes it a shelf) rolls over to one side of the ridgeline (depending on which way I'm laying) and dumps out most of what's stored in the shelf. This is why I didn't order a peak shelf in my second one. However, it could be that I'm doing it entirely incorrectly..

In short, I LOVE my hammocks. Definitely the most comfortable and well made ones I've ever had. I'm sure no matter what you go with, you'll be extremely happy.
    Thanks for your input! No peak shelf for me then, since I will already have 2 spots to put stuff.

• + New Posts