Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Hi I am a newbie to hammocks but have been a backpacker for many years and have been a member of this site for a little while. I would like to join in the MAHHA fall hang but it seems my computer skills are limited. I have been trying to sign up on the planning thread with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would like to know if I could help with anything? I live about two hours from Pine Grove and plan to arrive on Friday 10/7 with a friend who is new to hammocks and wants to learn from people who have experience. I am just getting started after not going out for about twenty years so I have a lot to learn to and would like to meet all of you guys. Please help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by long4fla View Post
    Hi I am a newbie to hammocks but have been a backpacker for many years and have been a member of this site for a little while. I would like to join in the MAHHA fall hang but it seems my computer skills are limited. I have been trying to sign up on the planning thread with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would like to know if I could help with anything? I live about two hours from Pine Grove and plan to arrive on Friday 10/7 with a friend who is new to hammocks and wants to learn from people who have experience. I am just getting started after not going out for about twenty years so I have a lot to learn to and would like to meet all of you guys. Please help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Long4fla, while browsing the forums from mobile devices is easy. the best way to update the file is via a computer. If you PM me your info I will add it for you.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    Dutchware tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutchware
    Images
    Cant wait to see you all at the hang!
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Wonderful!

I just communicated with Saint Francis via PM. I will be checking with Dutch to see if he will have an extra burner for heating the water. If anyone has one of those larger gas stoves they could bring, that would be great!

I will post again after contacting Dutch.

Thank you!
    Donna
    OK...looks like everything is covered for the coffee/hot chocolate. Saint Francis will be managing everything, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind someone checking in with him to help if needed.
    Thank you!
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    walkabout fly
    Insulation
    OV 20 UQ or PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Is was hoping to make this one. I've never made a single group hang. Sadly I have Boy Scout commitments so I miss another one. I've already got my New Years Resolution...make a group hang!

Hammock
    Jellyfish Deluxe
    Tarp
    JRB and HG
    Insulation
    HG 0 and 30 degree
    Suspension
    whoopies or buckle
    Hello Dutch,
    Usually there is a second sheet attached to sign up sheet with food and supply suggestions. So people can be assigned to it.
    I dont see that this time. How will we know what to bring and make sure we dont have too much of 1 item and not enough of another?

thanks.

Hammock
    Warbird BB xlc
    Tarp
    Agua Quest Guide L
    Insulation
    Ghost Pepper, C. R
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    I've been wanting to go down to it for a while. The tough part is the driving. When I'm in the car for 4+ hrs it really kicks in my sciatica! I'm working on it. I actually am going to see my Doctor tomorrow. I think he wants to discuss possibilities of an L5 fusion. That makes me pretty nervous. One step at a time.
    PS I would love to meet the artist that created my ghost pepper!
    Same here with sciatica. I bought one of those butt/sit pillows with the cutout for tailbone...and had no problem with a 10 hr ride. Definitely made a difference. Cheap on ebay.

NarlocB I want to thank you for your helps and your offer to add my info to the fall hang list, but my stubbornness an your info I was able to add myself to the list.again thank you and hope to see you there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    We have a count of 100 people as of now. Please take the time to make sure the spread sheet is accurate so we can purchase the right amount of food.

A could more notes,
    The spreadsheet has been copied year after year and I wish I had edited it. I don't feel comfortable asking for donations for the raffle from attendees. I contact many of the vendors and they seem to come through twice a year. I can tell you there will be quilts, tarps, and hammocks. Try to check out the gear they are putting up there. Much of it was made with their own two hands and they are proud of it. They unselfishly donate it and it funds everything plus we give to wonderful organizations afterwards. Many will be there and will gladly talk about their products.

Desserts- I love them and who doesn't. It seems to be a favorite item to bring to the meal. We end up with a lot of left over desserts every year. I don't want to end up with none though. I don't know the answer but I know I will be fatter on the 9th.

Please bring mess kits. It really cuts down on the amount of garbage we produce and we do this to have fun.

Parking- we do a great job of fitting 50 cars in a parking lot that holds 20. Please carpool if at all possible. If you are parking someone in, leave a note on their windshield who you are if at all possible. We can't park around the dumpster and along the entrance. If you can do without your car, there is overflow parking near the furnace. There is wardens on hand and we have never had a problem.

Firewood. We bring in a truckload. There are several fires and they help build the ambiance of the forest. Please don't make it a goal to burn the entire pile on Friday. It's a campfire not burning man.

Come planning for the weather. This may include rain or even falling trees.

Most of all have fun, there will be so many good friends there. It is great to watch the little ones run around. I like to make my rounds to all the fire pits so I can say the same joke 5 times.

Good times are almost upon us.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angle Dangle View Post
    Hello Dutch,
    Usually there is a second sheet attached to sign up sheet with food and supply suggestions. So people can be assigned to it.
    I dont see that this time. How will we know what to bring and make sure we dont have too much of 1 item and not enough of another?

thanks.
    I will work on this tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't woo late as many have already signed up.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast