Backpack for Backpacking with camping hammock

What type of backpack do you recommend using for backpacking with a hammock? I would be doing mainly 2-5 day hikes/camps with it. I am sort of looking at getting either the Osprey Exos 58 or the Osprey Atmos 65 AG due to some deals. Thoughts are appreciated!

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps + DutchGear
    I use a ULA Ohm 2.0 Fall thru Spring, and a GoLite Jam 35 Spring thru Fall.
    But, a lot of it depends on what gear you use...the weight and bulk need to be considered..
    Put all the gear you would normally take on a trip into a cardboard box, then take it down to your local Outfitter and try out a few for the right pack size. Once you have an approximate capacity range of what you will need, then just do the research in terms of what features you like, as well as a price range you're comfortable with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, make sure I stay here.

When I see lovers' names carved into a tree, I don't think it's cute. I think it's strange how so many people take knives on a date.

Formerly known as 'Brad49426'.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    The one that fits.

A properly fitted pack is more important that the gear that goes into it....keeping the one caveat that the gear does affect the way it caries.

But beyond that it really does not mater if it's hammock gear, ground gear, fishing gear, or any other gear, so long as the pack fits you correctly what type of gear it is inside matters not.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    When I took my wife out to buy a backpack we went to three REIs then went back to the first REI for the backpack that felt best for her. I use an Osprey Atmos 50 liter, but am ready to pull the trigger on a ULA Circuit.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    The one that fits.

A properly fitted pack is more important that the gear that goes into it....keeping the one caveat that the gear does affect the way it caries.

But beyond that it really does not mater if it's hammock gear, ground gear, fishing gear, or any other gear, so long as the pack fits you correctly what type of gear it is inside matters not.
    What he said. Get one that fits you. After that, I'd recommend that lightest one that properly fits your gear. The Osprey Exos, for example, fits me terribly (so uncomfortable for me). The Atmos fits me better but is a bit heavy for my preference.

I'd recommend seeing if you can invest some money in returns and order/try some from cottage manufacturers. All will let you return it within 30 days if not used on the trail and just fit at home (you pay for return shipping). Several good ones have already been recommended.

I'd look at a few (exact choices depending on what volume you need) from REI (Exos and Atmos are solid possibilities), ULA Circuit/OHM, Gossamer Gear Mariposa/Gorilla, Hyperlite Mountain Gear.

I've found the Gossamer Gear Mariposa to be perfect for me. Fits me like a glove (most important), has just the right amount of organizational areas, is a nice size for slightly longer trips and is high quality.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Images
    Darro020 we have a backpacks and backpacking discussion forums in the donating members section.

• + New Posts