Hammock
    Grand Trunk Single
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY 20* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    KAM snap off ebay are really nice. Depends on seller you can order color you want.

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various

TQ Design- shapes and attachment point questions

I've tried a few definite brands of the snaps. They aren't as reliable. They snap off. The plastic that allows them to be crimped also allows them to break.

Hammock
    Whipper - 10ft NylonD
    Tarp
    DIY DCF w/doors
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Argon 67
    Suspension
    Dyneema Becket
    Images
    As far as taper goes:

I would go half taper (EE style). It allows for the quilt to stay tucked much better around your hips, sealing out drafts. If you sleep pretty still and on your back, a full taper would probably be fine. I just like really being able to cinch it down when things get cold.

Regarding the attachment, I really like the EE style flat buckles. I have an Accomplice that I use with my wife, and it works great. She can have her side tucked in nice and tight, and I can easily unbuckle my side for a little ventilation. I also copied the EE pad straps for the summer quilt I made. I used 1/2" elastic and buckles (EE uses 3/4").

It is pretty easy to attach/detach the quilt to the buckles, even while inside the quilt, the buckles stay put, and I can adjust the position (how much the quilt is tucked) on the fly with ease. I have used mine ~30 times, and they show no signs of giving out. I have NeoAir XLite for when I sleep on the ground, and I don't ever take the pad straps off anymore. I just leave them in place when I deflate my pad, and roll it up with straps on. When I inflate for camp, the pad straps are already in place (or at least close).

Here is a quick tip for what i have started doing. Leave your quilt attached to the pad after deflating the pad. Then roll up the quilt along with the pad. If you use a pillow, you can even attach that to the pad too. You can shove the whole roll into your pack. That way when you unpack, you simply grab the bundle, un roll it, inflate your pad, and you are ready to climb into bed.

Best of luck!

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/OWL UQ
    Suspension
    CL/Whoopies
    Images
    not sure if it helps but when I made TQ I was very concerned with the taper as well and actually decided to forgo a taper all together. The versatility of having the whole thing just seemed to be worth more than the few grams I'd spare by tapering. And I'm actually very happy I did, as I'm sure you'll be with whatever your final creation is. I'll throw a few pictures in of my final product so you can see how it turned out.
    13174188_10103351798266468_632761930637144826_n.jpg13177973_10103351798221558_1383721034592627944_n.jpg13179455_10103351798136728_2718808846747693182_n.jpg

Also worth noting, there's a thread on here (I don't remember the name) where someone did sort of a shoelace design with shock cord rather than snaps. Think of how shoelace goes from one side to the other and cinches at the top. It looks really impressive. May be worth checking out.
    Good luck on your quilt!

I was wondering where to get the same kind of snaps that Thermarest uses!! Thanks for the tip

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12