Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by cmw6300 View Post
    I'm like many here already. I usually spread the hammock open and sit in the middle of it. I then lay with my head to the side I sit from and swing my feet over to the right. To get situated in the hammock itself I will grab a handful of ripstop and slide myself in either direction to get me feet a little elevated.
    yes, that's opposite of what I do. I just wanted to know how common it is so I could tell if I was, you know, weird...

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty 11', 1.6 SL Hexon
    Tarp
    11' UGQ Hanger
    Insulation
    LL habanero 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondmouse View Post
    yes, that's opposite of what I do. I just wanted to know how common it is so I could tell if I was, you know, weird...

Sounds like you do it the way I do, so at least there are two of us:

I get in on the side where I put my head when I sleep (ie the left), but in doing so, I end up with my head on the right, and I end up having to spin on my butt a little to get my head back to the left, and my feet to the right. I've tried getting in on the right so I can just lay back with my head on the left, but it just doesn't feel right to do it that way.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    I thought that was weird too. I do it like you do, as have many for centuries before us.

I don't think it matters if you lay left or right, I'd still lay back then bring my feet in.

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    I get in on the foot side. I lay right so I get in from the right. Sit in the middle, lay back with my head to the far side, lift feet and I'm in. My wife is left lay, so she gets in on the left side. Easy peasy.

Hammock
    10' 1.0 dh darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incu-Sniv-Pepper
    Suspension
    All of 'em
    With a Blackbird you have to swing your feet to the far side from the zipper, that is where the footbox is, otherwise your head is against the shelf. If you watch Shugs Blackbird video, he explains that he orders his special, mirrored the typical lay. So comparing it to the video you watched, Shug could not enter from that side, his Warbonnet zipper would be on the opposite side of the hammock.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondmouse View Post
    yeah, yeah, I get that, but watch Shug's video and he sits down and lays back across the centerline, feet on the entrance side. that's how I do it...

I'm not hung up on Warbonnet, I just happened to read in their Hammock 101 that "your shoulder is close to the entrance edge and your feet are close to the opposite edge". maybe it's a BB thing but they list the Traveler with this and it doesn't have the footbox, etc. like the BB and XLC

if I understand that correctly, that requires you to swing your feet up and over to the opposite side of the hammock. that's backwards from what I do so I asked -

does anyone else sleep with their head near the entrance edge and feet on the opposite?..
    I do and here is why.....

I am set up in porch mode 95% of the time. This also means that that is the side I get into my hammock from. I like my head to be on that side as well so I can see out better.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

I don't have a preference which way I lay, but I'm like the OP, whichever side I get in on is the foot side. I lay back, scoot in and nestle. I'm a bit lazy so I don't want to kick my legs over and have to reposition. I've tried laying both directions and neither feels better or worse, so it just depends on which side of the hammock I'm on

Hammock
    10' 1.0 dh darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incu-Sniv-Pepper
    Suspension
    All of 'em
    Quote Originally Posted by marksman1122 View Post
    I don't have a preference which way I lay, but I'm like the OP, whichever side I get in on is the foot side. I lay back, scoot in and nestle. I'm a bit lazy so I don't want to kick my legs over and have to reposition. I've tried laying both directions and neither feels better or worse, so it just depends on which side of the hammock I'm on
    Then I would suggest something like a Dream Hammock (other than the Darien) that you could enter from either side, or I will beat SilverSurfer to the punch and suggest a Dutch with dual knotty mods, and a fronkey net. Then you an get in any side you want, and lay any way you want, any time you want.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Typically, I wait until no one is watching then execute a Reverse Soviet Suplex. I might be the only one in the world who does this so, don't try to copy me.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

I get in on the right and lay with my head to the right and feet to the left

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast