Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain

Anyone familiar with Wilcor Outdoors Hammocks?

Anyone familiar with Wilcor Outdoors? There is a hammock on eBay for $19.10. It is a mosquito hammock and at 11'5" is large enough to fit very comfortably. While my Hennessy is down for repairs, the bug netting separated where the seam meets the body so 2QZQ will be installing a zipper and sealing the birth canal, I will be needing something as a back up. So I picked this one up. Just wondered if anyone has any experience with them. Only found one 26 second video of a very poorly hung hammock on YouTube. http://www.ebay.com/itm/172213630756...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Have no first hand knowledge but did look up the specs on it. Perhaps I am reading wrong but it looks to me like the actual hammock size is 7' 3" and the 11.5 is measuring the suspension and hammock end to end.

•Bed Size: 87" x 55", Overall Length 11.5'
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Dutch 11 Single Nylon
    Tarp
    cuben
    Insulation
    40* down, full.
    Suspension
    Dyneema straps.
    china must be kicking these things out left and right these days. big box stores all have basically the same rig as this......

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Have no first hand knowledge but did look up the specs on it. Perhaps I am reading wrong but it looks to me like the actual hammock size is 7' 3" and the 11.5 is measuring the suspension and hammock end to end.

•Bed Size: 87" x 55", Overall Length 11.5'
    Yes, I wondered about that too. While my wife has a Yukon-Outfitter hammock that has a total length of 9 feet and the inside is a snug but acceptable fit for me. This starts with 2 1/2 additional feet. Gotta wonder just how much of the "Bed Size" is or is not including the total inside area? I know that my California Queen sized bed measures at 81 inches long. So that 87 should be find and the Queen sized bed is 57" wide and sleeps 2 with room to spare. So, 55" should be more than enough. But again, it all matters in the way they measure it.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    There cannot be that many manufactures making the same exact hammock. It's probably one plant making them for several companies (private label).

There are no shortcuts in life folks, buy from our cottage vendors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at one of these as a cheap way to get a netted hammock for a trip i had coming up and most of the reviews talked about the net tearing a lot. Cheap sew job, factory seconds or user error which is absolutely a possiblity as well.. but most times you get what you pay for. These things everywhere yet people still shelling out 70.00 for enos and skeeter beeters. FWIW.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    I was looking at one of these as a cheap way to get a netted hammock for a trip i had coming up and most of the reviews talked about the net tearing a lot. Cheap sew job, factory seconds or user error which is absolutely a possiblity as well.. but most times you get what you pay for. These things everywhere yet people still shelling out 70.00 for enos and skeeter beeters. FWIW.
    I only picked this one up because it was under $20 and will actually only be used while my Hennessy is having a torn net repaired. (6 to 8 weeks I am guessing) Putting 2QZQ zipper on it as the tear was right at the point the net meets the body. If the net tears I will cut that off and use it as a regular hammock without net. Thanks for that input though. Until I take it back out of service I guess that I should be extremely careful with the netting.

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    I'm not familiar with the brand, but it looks exactly like my first hammock. I didn't see the big deal with 9ft+ hammocks until I slept in one. If it's the same as mine, it'll get the job done, but don't expect a whole lot from it. Mine squeezed my shoulders a bit, and I had to lay perfectly parallel. Still more comfortable than a bed, in my opinion, though. And a **** sight better than sleeping on the ground... *shudder*

Cheers,
    the Goat
    Cheers,
    The Goat

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    wilcor.jpgwilcor2.jpg

Well, the Wilcor arrived and for $20 and only for temporary use while my Hennessy is out for repairs it will have to do...

Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    Yes, I wondered about that too. While my wife has a Yukon-Outfitter hammock that has a total length of 9 feet and the inside is a snug but acceptable fit for me. This starts with 2 1/2 additional feet. Gotta wonder just how much of the "Bed Size" is or is not including the total inside area? I know that my California Queen sized bed measures at 81 inches long. So that 87 should be find and the Queen sized bed is 57" wide and sleeps 2 with room to spare. So, 55" should be more than enough. But again, it all matters in the way they measure it.
    It does matter how they measure it, and it seems like the "bed area" is referring to the full rectangular area of the fabric before gathering the ends. Comparing the hammock fabric surface area to that of a mattress is like comparing apples to pineapples.

I could not sleep in a knock-off ENO (102"x48"). It was advertised as bigger than what I received, as they were likely advertising the unfinished dimensions. That hammock was horrible and impossible to sleep in, even for smaller folks. I could certainly sleep on a mattress that size (though it would be oddly long and skinny).

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast