Hennessy Hammock Expedition Classic
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    JRB underquilt
    Suspension
    Tree huggers

Backyard hang

Slept in the hammock in the backyard last night. Got down to 52 degrees, the coolest I've hammocked in so far. Felt great with the JRB torso-length 20 degree UQ and an unzipped sleeping bag as a TQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I too slept in the backyard last night as it got to 54 and only 80% humidity which is a gift in this area. Used my 3 season Lynx under quilt with my 50 degree top quilt and was hot. Had to vent the under quilt and push back the top quilt. My sleeping outdoor days are about to come to and end though. The humidity at night makes it unbearable for sleeping from now till fall.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Expedition Classic
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    JRB underquilt
    Suspension
    Tree huggers
    I'm in Illinois, in the St. Louis metro area, and it gets pretty hot and humid here in the summer also. Maybe not quite as bad as where you are, and it doesn't last quite as long, but I know what you mean about it being unbearable.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingingInTheBreeze View Post
    I'm in Illinois, in the St. Louis metro area, and it gets pretty hot and humid here in the summer also. Maybe not quite as bad as where you are, and it doesn't last quite as long, but I know what you mean about it being unbearable.

Oh Yea. One of the hottest summers of my life was spent in St. Louis. It was about 20 years ago when the Mississippi river dried up where the barge traffic couldn't go any more north. It was a fun summer but hot.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 Single Nylon
    Tarp
    cuben
    Insulation
    40* down, full.
    Suspension
    Dyneema straps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I too slept in the backyard last night as it got to 54 and only 80% humidity which is a gift in this area. Used my 3 season Lynx under quilt with my 50 degree top quilt and was hot. Had to vent the under quilt and push back the top quilt. My sleeping outdoor days are about to come to and end though. The humidity at night makes it unbearable for sleeping from now till fall.
    i can dig it. in the second half of my last hike [you commented on it] i talk about warm weather quilts. after i reviewed it i come off a bit strong. but, oh well......[trying to process that video in 4k, and my internet is buggy].

i have the same weather here in the arkansas delta; thus, the trips to the mountains. i have a place in little rock that is closer to the ouachitas and ozarks.

in the summer i hit the peaks often. it's only 1000-2000 feet but it makes a difference on the humidity AND the breeze. otherwise i'm by a stream so i can lay in it.......[where i'm posting from now, the sea level is 141']. i'm 10 miles west of the mississippi river in far southeast Arkansas.

DEWEY says "hello"....

have a good day

sv-

Hammock
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    i can dig it. in the second half of my last hike [you commented on it] i talk about warm weather quilts. after i reviewed it i come off a bit strong. but, oh well......[trying to process that video in 4k, and my internet is buggy].

i have the same weather here in the arkansas delta; thus, the trips to the mountains. i have a place in little rock that is closer to the ouachitas and ozarks.

in the summer i hit the peaks often. it's only 1000-2000 feet but it makes a difference on the humidity AND the breeze. otherwise i'm by a stream so i can lay in it.......[where i'm posting from now, the sea level is 141']. i'm 10 miles west of the mississippi river in far southeast Arkansas.

DEWEY says "hello"....

have a good day

sv-
    Tell Dewey we miss him already oh and you too Yes your home location is the pure definition of hot. We have Monte Sano here in Huntsville but it's just not high enough. Only 3-5 degrees warmer on the best days. I guess my hiking will be limited to the Smokies during the summer months.

• + New Posts