Thread: Wb rr specks

Wb rr specks

Hi all,
    Can u guys tell me the specs on wbrr. Length width ext. also what the thickest pad u can put in a double layer.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I measure 43 inches wide at both ends, 29 inches in the center (material is hourglass shaped). However the foot end spreader bar is shorter than the head end spreader bar so, in use, the foot end seems narrower than the shoulder end. The length is 78" of material - but I measure 74" from bar to bar when loaded (at 6'4" I just fit). I use a pad that is advertised to be 3" thick. I usually fully inflate it but it seems that many only partially inflate their pads because they feel it makes the hammock too 'tippy' when fully inflated.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Quote Originally Posted by Boober View Post
    Hi all,
    Can u guys tell me the specs on wbrr. Length width ext. also what the thickest pad u can put in a double layer.
    I've tried lots of wide pads in the RR. The Klymit Insulated static V Luxe at 30" wide is the winner as far as comfort and full coverage goes. Although at 30" the pad is wider than the middle of the RR, the construction of the Klymit pad allow it to fit the curves of the hammock remarkably well. I am able to side sleep with knees insulated on one side and my back insulated on the other. It is partly how the Klymit Static V pad is constructed, it conforms to curves better than other pads due to it's built in creases, and makes a great bridge hammock pad IMO. I inflate fully. Of course this full coverage comes at a weight penalty, 36 ounces for the pad.
    Last edited by dblhmmck; 05-20-2016 at 00:07.

Awesome!!! Thank you both for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Yep, I use the Klymit V Luxe also. They can be found, reconditioned, on Ebay for a very good price.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    Yep, I use the Klymit V Luxe also. They can be found, reconditioned, on Ebay for a very good price.
    I agree, I got mine for under $80.

I should mention that I had to make one small mod to my RR to use it with the Klymit Static V Luxe. I sewed my double layer RR together for a couple of inches at the foot end. This was to compensate for the way I was resting my head on the top of the pad like a pillow. I was further up on the pad than if I had been using it on the ground. As I tossed and turned during the night, the pad inched it's way down towards the foot, ending up partly outside of the hammock by morning. Sewing that 2" seam in the two layers of fabric at the foot end stopped the pad from slipping. The only functional change to the RR is that the pad must always be inserted from the head end, when I use a pad.

I don't know if other less restless sleepers would have this issue, or if slightly deflating the pad would have solved the problem. As always YMMV.

• + New Posts