Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    All the photos I can find online make the Noah look loose and wrinkly. Any reason for this? I want to get one for car camping as a place to hang out while raining, but not if I can't get a nice tight pitch like my Warbonnet tarps.
    If you look carefully you will find they are most wrinkly when pitched as a A frame instead of diamond. The Noah's tarps are meant to be set up on the diamond and can be pitched taut in that configuration. When set as an A frame it's tough to get it tight.

That said....I've had great luck with it keeping me dry in either configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I have had really good luck pitching mine tight in A frame but with doors on both ends. Granted the doors do not close off the entire ends but it sure does keep most of the weather out. I also use mine as a table cover when car camping and get a tight pitch there too.

But in any configuration I have to be aware of the size of the tarp and the cat cuts. It is very big compared to my other tarps and if not set up high enough to tweaked in to make it tight, it will be too loose.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    DIY bridge
    Tarp
    DIY
    I like the new color much better. I have the gray color, but still love my Noah 12.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by groupertrpr View Post
    I like the new color much better. I have the gray color, but still love my Noah 12.
    Me too, when I ordered mine a few months ago i kept looking for the grey ones, I thought the new green was the wrong one since i couldn't find any pictures of them

Hammock
    Ridgerunner SL
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    Tewa and W.Logics
    Suspension
    Venomous Cinch Bug
    Another vote for the Noah 12, its a great tarp, lots of coverage and set up options. The ridge-line when set up A-Frame measures 129", and mine weighs 29 ounces for the tarp alone. I can get it packed down to about a nalgene and a half size. I have saved weight in other places in my pack with the money saved on buying the Kelty.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I finally pulled the trigger on one of these.

Still at $52 for the 12' on amazon so I figured why not. I need something big for car camping/hunting on those rainy trips. I'm done messing with a $6 tarp that never hangs taut.

Hammock
    WB-BB 1.7DBL WB-RR 1.1DBL
    Tarp
    2x WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Selk'Bag Patagon
    Suspension
    TATO Stands
    Images
    thought I'd chime in on our Noah Tarp usage : )

I'm not positive on the purchase year but it was ??2011?? we have two NT 16 in a light gray. We got them on a closeout at the REI Outlet as there was a changeover to a new color scheme for the next year. Since we didn't care and it was a grand experiment I went for them.

We camp in the soggy PNW so need to be prepared for rain every adventure. We use the tarps off the side of our AWD van conversion and around camp like over a lounge area. So far they have performed well. I know there've been times I pitched them less than optimal and not tight but still remained dry, even during one ~4 day~ rain storm.

: ) Thom
    Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon - Accrete.com
    mine:WB-BB hers:WB-RR, 2xWB SuperFly

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I bought my Noah 12 for car camping, not even for a hammock, just for a dry place to cook and sit in camp. I tried it out this weekend and THIS THING IS BIG AND HEAVY! Wow, not exactly what I expected, but no big deal since that will be car camping. Good quality feel to it and I love the green color. The lines they included are junk and stretch like a rubber band so they're getting replaced with some 1/8" Mastrant line.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I bought my Noah 12 for car camping, not even for a hammock, just for a dry place to cook and sit in camp. I tried it out this weekend and THIS THING IS BIG AND HEAVY! Wow, not exactly what I expected, but no big deal since that will be car camping. Good quality feel to it and I love the green color. The lines they included are junk and stretch like a rubber band so they're getting replaced with some 1/8" Mastrant line.
    I took it on our backpacking trip last weekend, 13ish miles over two days on the AT/BMT in GA. Sure its a little on the heavy side but it saves us from carrying two separate tarps, and helps to lighten my wife's pack. The included lines are garbage, agreed there. I replaced them with a Dyneema CRL and tie outs, along with some Dutch Fleez. I like that system, worked great.

Still haven't had any weather on the trail, but had a good thunderstorm while it was hung in my back yard and it kept our hammocks dry there.

Hammock
    WB-BB 1.7DBL WB-RR 1.1DBL
    Tarp
    2x WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Selk'Bag Patagon
    Suspension
    TATO Stands
    Images
    It's been two months and two trip's use of a couple additions to our Kelty Noah tarp collection and thought i'd share a picture of our van and a Noah 9 over the rear swing out camp kitchen area. We also now have a Noah 20 that we can use and it is like a circus tent under that thing! No doubt you could easily fit a couple hammocks under the monster! (full right up on tarp use at this post for any interested happy campers)

noah9.jpg

: ) Thom
    Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon - Accrete.com
    mine:WB-BB hers:WB-RR, 2xWB SuperFly

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast