Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbed my toe View Post
    Thanks humer91, that's good first-hand info. Do you find the Robic stretchy? I also question the durability of a single layer Robic for no other reason than my imagination. I think I can make up the weight by trimming elsewhere in my kit and go with a heavier hammock for my peace of mind. A cool-factor Robic hammock might make it on my Christmas list in a few years.

A single layer hex70 XL sounds like a good compromise to me, but I've got a few weeks till I can afford to place my order so I'm holding out for more discussion, not to mention sending an email to PapaSmurf for his input also. I'll also look more at the Sparrow v. Thunderbird argument.

Thanks everyone, and please feel free to contribute here if you have anything to add. This has been a great help already.
    Like all lighter fabrics, the Robic does have some initial stretch, but it is less than other similar weight fabrics (like 1.0 HyperD or Dutch's Hexon 1.0). It is a durable fabric and I wouldn't worry about it unless you are planning to drag it down a gravel road behind your car. Now if you are ever having to deal with Dog claws, then I would definitely go with the Hex 70. I made a dog Hammock for my 85lb Lab and she has yet to damage the fabric.
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY APEX TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by humer91 View Post
    Now if you are ever having to deal with Dog claws, then I would definitely go with the Hex 70. I made a dog Hammock for my 85lb Lab and she has yet to damage the fabric.
    Thanks for mentioning that. That definitely rules out Robic for me this time around.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I had some of the same questions when ordering my Dream hammock.
    The good news is that Dream hammocks have endless options, i ended up going with a DL Thunderbird out od Hyper D 1.6 fabric,, very strong yet very soft and smooth feeling, not that heavy and i could not be happier.
    Last edited by Zilla; 05-17-2016 at 14:00.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird, 11'
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream,
    Insulation
    Klymit Hammock V
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckle Strap
    Based on your criteria, I recommend an 11' single layer in HyperD XL, wide as possible. Meets your weight requirements, is one of the most comfortable fabrics available, and is still a somewhat lightweight rig. It is what I would choose for myself, if I was using your criteria. (What I got using my criteria was an 11' double layer Dangerbird made of Hex70 XL. I have a 70 pound Husky/German Shepherd mix that will insist on crawling in every chance she gets, and she isn't very good at "moving gently". And I'm not so good at keeping her nails trimmed & ground. So my "Tangerine Dream" is also a "Tangerine Tank".) If you want more durability at the expense of a less soft/smooth fabric, you could go with a single layer of Hex70 XL instead of HyperD XL.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dosei; 05-27-2016 at 13:05.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12