Hello from Germany!

After 6 months of lurking the forums, I think it's finally time that I introduce myself.

I'm Charles from Luxemburg, studying in Germany atm.

My first good experiences with a hammock were last summer when my family hung up a hammock in our garden between the cherry trees and my brothers and I chilled there for most of the time. The idea of sleeping in a hammock got to me after ChaosCommunicationCamp last summer when I was trying to sleep during the day without cooking in the heat in our tent (well above 50*C). Fortunately, they had a small patch of trees with loads of hammocks were I could sleep in the soft wind.
    Then in November I hung up my very first hammock, a La Siesta Double Travel Hammock, in my dorm room and haven't slept in a bed since day 1 (except when I'm not sleeping at home). So far I've only been sleeping in my down-duvet, sandwiched inbetween, but am thinking of buying or making my own UQ at some point.
    As I'm going sailing next week, I've packed a second smaller hammock and I'm going to attempt sleeping in it on the boat with a sleeping bag and an insulated air-mattress.

As already mentioned, I'm really into DIY and already have a sewing machine to make my own hammocks, tarps, and underquilt, but I need to find a good cloth supplier first. So far I've not tried camping with a hammock, but it's definitively on my list (I also need to buy new hiking boots first. My old ones started to mold after a trip to Scottland last summer, after having served me for almost 10 years).

I'm really glad these forums exist, they were and still are my main source of information concerning hammocks. Thanks to all the great contributors!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Welcome from the Jersey Shore.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts