Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Simply Light Designs...Two Thumbs Up!

I just wanted to give a shout out to Jared at Simply Light Designs. I placed an order yesterday morning for a couple of things, had a personal e-mail from him within an hour saying he would make the items up and get them shipped right away, and had a shipping confirmation e-mail waiting for me when I woke up this morning. That's a less than 24 hour turnaround time! Gotta love the customer service of small businesses! Thanks Jared!
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Aye Jared is awesome. He just did a huge custom Winter Haven for me and my wife 12 x 14. From initial email inquiry to at my door was less than a week. I don't know how he does it so fast.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Still using my custom Streamliner I got a couple of years ago. Let's just say that Jared went out of his way to make sure I was happy with his product... Priceless!
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Jared is awesome.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Still using my custom Streamliner I got a couple of years ago. Let's just say that Jared went out of his way to make sure I was happy with his product... Priceless!
    Just curious, what was custom on your streamliner? I got a new dream hammock that I've been enjoying this spring but I'm thinking of returning to my streamliner. It's just been my most comfortable hammock so far and hard to beat.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Just curious, what was custom on your streamliner? I got a new dream hammock that I've been enjoying this spring but I'm thinking of returning to my streamliner. It's just been my most comfortable hammock so far and hard to beat.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/galler...r&imageuser=33

See this pic and the one next to it in my gallery. He added a pocket for putting stuff into - big enough to hold a book which is what I loved about the RR pockets (that hammock didn't work out for me) as well can/bottle holder that fits the std width of a beer can or bottle with enough room for a coozie. Also have clips along the side to hold up the UQ suspension.

Oh, also, the original one he made for me at std width of about 58" just seemed too narrow, especially with the rigid sides. (for ref., I don't like the 58" width of the dutch hammocks either, so might be just me) He made another for me, adjusting the side hem and using the max of the material that he could. Its about 62" now and much better IMO. Of course, everything is "custom", but he did a lot of extra work for me for very little extra $$.
    Last edited by dakotaross; 05-12-2016 at 08:41.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I am pretty sure that my trail lair is my most comfortable hammock. I will never get rid of that thing.

He does ship things so fast. He was actually on vacation when I ordered mine, and I still got it in less than a week. Amazing.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    https://www.hammockforums.net/galler...r&imageuser=33

See this pic and the one next to it in my gallery. He added a pocket for putting stuff into - big enough to hold a book which is what I loved about the RR pockets (that hammock didn't work out for me) as well can/bottle holder that fits the std width of a beer can or bottle with enough room for a coozie. Also have clips along the side to hold up the UQ suspension.

Oh, also, the original one he made for me at std width of about 58" just seemed too narrow, especially with the rigid sides. (for ref., I don't like the 58" width of the dutch hammocks either, so might be just me) He made another for me, adjusting the side hem and using the max of the material that he could. Its about 62" now and much better IMO. Of course, everything is "custom", but he did a lot of extra work for me for very little extra $$.
    Oh nice, that was an excellent mod.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Woodsman View Post
    I just wanted to give a shout out to Jared at Simply Light Designs. I placed an order yesterday morning for a couple of things, had a personal e-mail from him within an hour saying he would make the items up and get them shipped right away, and had a shipping confirmation e-mail waiting for me when I woke up this morning. That's a less than 24 hour turnaround time! Gotta love the customer service of small businesses! Thanks Jared!
    Yes we've all said that Jared doesn't sleep and he does excellent and fast work. If you need it in a hurry he's the guy to turn to. He should rename his business Simply Light "Speed" Designs

Hammock
    Woodsman X/Trail Lair
    Tarp
    DD SuperLight Tarp
    Insulation
    UKHammocks UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Jared rules!

I love my Trail Lair. From the moment I ordered, to the moment he told me he shipped it were only a couple of hours! A COUPLE OF HOURS!!!

He works VERY fast, but also VERY accurate.
    I keep learning and will never know enough.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast