Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WVCAMPER View Post
    Shug I am curious, how did you get in touch with the Paramedics?
    Some of the guys had cell phone reception.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Shug hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/TopFlight
    Suspension
    Whoop sling
    That's a hell of a way to earn a helicopter ride!
    After watching the video, I to am amazed that he survived the fall.
    I am glad he is doing better, and will say a prayer for him.
    Good friends were definitely a comfort thru that ordeal.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien #3000
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    MYOG Whoopies
    Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery. Thank God Jeremy is going to be alright. You guys really pulled trough in taking care of him. My hat's off to all of you. Shug, I watched the video of you guys caring for Jeremy and getting him out of the park and then went on to watch those of you and Hickory on the Foothills Trail. One thing that stood out to me in all of your videos is how meticulous Hickory is in keeping detailed notes. In part 1 at just after 11 minutes there's a little shot of Hickory writing down the emergency numbers. I immediately thought, man, how important was that! He could have been the only one there who bothered to take down the very information that brought the help that was needed. Having seen all this I will never pass by one of those boards again without doing what Hickory so wisely did.
    We heard it was gonna rain, we came anyway...

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue View Post
    That's a hell of a way to earn a helicopter ride!
    After watching the video, I to am amazed that he survived the fall.
    I am glad he is doing better, and will say a prayer for him.
    Good friends were definitely a comfort thru that ordeal.
    We are still amazed that he lived through it.
    This is Gorge Rat Darkbyrd's photo clip fro his video to see the fall route and steepness. Wow Isay

Quote Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
    Prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery. Thank God Jeremy is going to be alright. You guys really pulled trough in taking care of him. My hat's off to all of you. Shug, I watched the video of you guys caring for Jeremy and getting him out of the park and then went on to watch those of you and Hickory on the Foothills Trail. One thing that stood out to me in all of your videos is how meticulous Hickory is in keeping detailed notes. In part 1 at just after 11 minutes there's a little shot of Hickory writing down the emergency numbers. I immediately thought, man, how important was that! He could have been the only one there who bothered to take down the very information that brought the help that was needed. Having seen all this I will never pass by one of those boards again without doing what Hickory so wisely did.
    Hickery always has been a scribe. He was taking down emergency numbers for the foothills offices in case we were late. At the gorge fall others called it in but Hickery took off after seeing my face as I witnessed the fall and was second on the scene. He is a fireman EMT.

Hammock
    COGS Mt Sherman
    Tarp
    COGS Mesa Verde
    Insulation
    DIY 20 Deg TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    COGS Whoopie Sling
    Wow, what an ordeal for all involved to go through. By you guys keeping your wits about you, you helped CB more than can be imagined. Here's to CB for being one tough SOB and for you guys and the rescue crews for doing their utmost in the care and rescue of CB. Prayers coming your way CB!!

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Prayers for CBP's swift recovery and a huge thumbs up for you guys for the rescue. You were angels in hiking boots that day for sure.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Prayers for CB. Kudos to all who helped him, including Navigator who went to lead the rescuers to the scene and the great chopper pilots/medics.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Here's to a speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    We are still amazed that he lived through it.
    This is Gorge Rat Darkbyrd's photo clip fro his video to see the fall route and steepness. Wow Isay

Hickery always has been a scribe. He was taking down emergency numbers for the foothills offices in case we were late. At the gorge fall others called it in but Hickery took off after seeing my face as I witnessed the fall and was second on the scene. He is a fireman EMT.
    Glad that he is ok. Prayers for his continued health and recovery.

Shug,

If you can, could you please continue to document this story. I would like to learn as much as possible.

Questions: Why did he fall? What could be done differently in prevention/treatment/rescue? What are the financial consequences for him (wont likely know that for months)

The goal of this would be education and would need to be done in a way that is sensitive. If you don't think you can do it I understand. for what it's worth I am in the medical field so as soon as I hear he is going to be ok, my mind starts working toward prevention and assessment.

If the mods feel that this line of questions is in bad taste or too early/wrong thread, then please delete this message.

Thanks.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patermagnus View Post
    Glad that he is ok. Prayers for his continued health and recovery.

Shug,

If you can, could you please continue to document this story. I would like to learn as much as possible.

Questions: Why did he fall? What could be done differently in prevention/treatment/rescue? What are the financial consequences for him (wont likely know that for months)

The goal of this would be education and would need to be done in a way that is sensitive. If you don't think you can do it I understand. for what it's worth I am in the medical field so as soon as I hear he is going to be ok, my mind starts working toward prevention and assessment.

If the mods feel that this line of questions is in bad taste or too early/wrong thread, then please delete this message.

Thanks.
    I'll pass on what I hear. He may even chime in.
    He said either the rock broke or he slipped trying to scale the wall with the tree we had to climb. That started the fall.
    As far as getting down to him and giving comfort. We were told not to give him water though after 3 or 4 hours we gave him sips. We also let him smoke a cigarette as it seemed to calm him. Kinda like the old war movies. We had plenty of water but Hickery's space blanket was invaluble to use as shade for him as we were in direct sun and wind all afternoon. Plus it was bright orange so they could get eyes on us. Hickery bandaged his hand as it was punctured but the best we could do was just be by his side and comfort him and cajole him. Didtact him a bit. Just be there as brothers. We were told not to move him but we shifted him once after accessing. Long time to be down there standing by waiting for aid. 5 or 6 hours.
    Not an easy rescue situation but turned out well in the end. He lives to hike again.
    Shug

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast