Hammock
    Freedom V1 from Yukon Outfitters
    Tarp
    DIY hex w doors
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Thanks so much for all the input, guys! I stopped by a big thrift store sale and got a Singer 2502C for $10 and a packet of scrap material with different finishes for $0.50... I'm ready to learn! Even if I get started and find that I need a better machine, this is plenty to learn with. It has a few plastic shell pieces, but the machine itself is metal and pretty heavy, seems to function well. Any feedback on this one? My next step is to get some material from Dutch... my project list includes a Fronkey bug net, a sil bag for my ukulele, and a tarp (I want to do a tarp like Shug's small tarp that I can set up in storm mode... I'm using a diamond tarp from Yukon right now and it works fine in good weather or rain with little wind).

IMG_7672.jpg

Hammock
    DIY 11ft Hammock
    Tarp
    3m x3m MYOG Camo
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by efosterw View Post
    Thanks so much for all the input, guys! I stopped by a big thrift store sale and got a Singer 2502C for $10 and a packet of scrap material with different finishes for $0.50... I'm ready to learn! Even if I get started and find that I need a better machine, this is plenty to learn with. It has a few plastic shell pieces, but the machine itself is metal and pretty heavy, seems to function well. Any feedback on this one? My next step is to get some material from Dutch... my project list includes a Fronkey bug net, a sil bag for my ukulele, and a tarp (I want to do a tarp like Shug's small tarp that I can set up in storm mode... I'm using a diamond tarp from Yukon right now and it works fine in good weather or rain with little wind).

IMG_7672.jpg
    Awesome result
    Tacblades

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by efosterw View Post

IMG_7672.jpg
    Good score. Not much to lose if it breaks down the road and you can fiddle with it to learn how to clean and maintain it. Try to find an online manual.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

The kenmore is a good machine. I just got a singer with table for $45. The problem with the kenmore is repair parts availability. Some of the more sought after machines are easier to find parts or repair. Singer being easy to identify and repair. Just my .02

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12