Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Noted... it is all Canadian and Provincial sales tax plus the handling fee, i'll pass that along to anybody inquiring, also note that we are now using US Postal as the dafault shipping method unless somebody needs it faster, in which case DHL or UPS can be used upon request.

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Noted... it is all Canadian and Provincial sales tax plus the handling fee, i'll pass that along to anybody inquiring, also note that we are now using US Postal as the dafault shipping method unless somebody needs it faster, in which case DHL or UPS can be used upon request.
    Have you ever considered W2C as a viable alternative?

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I had a similar experience when I ordered my Mountainfly last year. Warbonnet ended up shipping it via UPS, and the shipping cost was almost $25. I live in the US near Chicago. I went to the UPS website and calculated the shipping from Evergreen, CO to my town for the same size/weight package, and the quote directly from UPS was around $11 if I remember correctly. So I contacted Warbonnet and asked that they refund the difference- which they did.

I'm glad they made the situation right. However, it is still worrisome to see that they may either be overcharging on shipping, and/or not utilizing the most economical shipping option for its customers.

Full disclaimer: I love my Mountainfly, and would order it again if needed.

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Most of the vendors will work with you to use the most economical shipping method, which is USPS International First Class. I avoid UPS, FedEx etc. as they can charge outrageous scam "brokerage" fees on items coming from the USA. Not an issue with US Postal Service.

And a word to the wise...if you purchase something from a private seller in the US, have them mark on the customs form that the item is a "Gift"; that way there are no duties or GST/PST taxes to be paid when you receive the package.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I am from New Brunswick, Canada and I just received my 0* Wooki today from Warbonnet. I requested the standard USPS Priority Shipping method and it arrived with No Taxes or fees!! It is always a gamble and this time I was a winner! I am a happy camper

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I ordered just a book from Elecraft - ham radio vendor. They wanted $40 for the book and about $18 shipping. For just a book! I contacted them, letting them know that they didn’t provide a media mail option in the shipping choice - for which a book qualifies - and media mail was only $3.16.

I was told they didn’t offer media mail because customers would select that for non-qualifying products, or combinations of “media” and hardware, i.e. cheating the system, and it created too much of a mess. But because my order was just a book, they issued me an invoice with media mail shipping.

Also, one time I bought a water pump for my kayak. I’m in Oregon (no sales tax) with an Oregon Credit Card, but I had the item shipping to the person in Seattle who was going to do the work. REI’s software changed me sales tax because of the destination address. I called REI, letting them know that the purchase was in Oregon, by an Oregonian, with a credit card from an Oregon Bank - it doesn’t matter where the item was sent. They refunded the sales tax.

Point being - it doesn’t hurt to contact the vendor if you think the shipping charges are out of line. Shipping is not supposed to be a profit center (unless you’re UPS/FedEx/DHL/Etc.).
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadark View Post
    And a word to the wise...if you purchase something from a private seller in the US, have them mark on the customs form that the item is a "Gift"; that way there are no duties or GST/PST taxes to be paid when you receive the package.
    Is that a word to the wise, or to those willing to lie to save a few bucks worth of taxes?

Hammock
    Chameleon/TE Happy Medium/SG
    Tarp
    Thunderfly/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG / LL
    Suspension
    Becket
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    Is that a word to the wise, or to those willing to lie to save a few bucks worth of taxes?
    Do you pay sales tax when you buy something from a local Craigslist seller? According to your logic, you should.

Quote Originally Posted by sgshultz View Post
    I am from New Brunswick, Canada and I just received my 0* Wooki today from Warbonnet. I requested the standard USPS Priority Shipping method and it arrived with No Taxes or fees!! It is always a gamble and this time I was a winner! I am a happy camper
    Glad to hear! I also had quite a few positive experiences with shipments to/from Canada.

Hammock
    Blackbird xlc
    Insulation
    Carinthia m05
    Images
    Ups and DHL FedEx etc all use a flat rate tier of brokerage charges.. you get hit regardless based on the claimed value of the items from the sender whether you actually have to pay anything for customs taxes or duties or not

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234