Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COGs

COGs

Some of you may have seen my previous posts regarding these clips I have been developing; as I am preparing to sell these, it is no longer appropriate for me to discuss these in the main forum section, and am posting here instead.

Most of my write-ups, etc were in the original thread which was removed, so I'm a little sparse on info right now but I am working on rebuilding that. I am currently focusing on getting info onto the Facebook page, which is where I plan to handle sales at this point (once they start). It may grow to a full website later on, but this will do for now. https://www.facebook.com/cogclip/

More to follow.
    COG Rope Clips
    [email protected]

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I don't have a Facebook account. Is a PM acceptable for communication?

Mods? Opinion?
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I as well do not support face book, I hope there will be another way to buy COGs? EBay would work great, so far they seem to still support a free market for beginners and big companies alike.
    Timplett, did you use the same thickness on the smaller version?
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    I believe the thickness is less on the smaller version, 1/8" iirc.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Thickness on the COGmini is in fact 1/8", it is half scale in every dimension. I'm guesstimating breaking strength of 300 lbs but that's simply based on a very rudimentary understanding of physics, we will know for sure once I get a chance to test one.
    COG Rope Clips
    [email protected]

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator E 10°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Do you already have Mini's cut?

Placed an order through an online machine shop yesterday as the local shops were completely ridiculous (2.5x to 5x more expensive) so not sure exactly when they will be cut, but expected to be here on May 5th, so I'm guessing the cutting will be done quickly. I would've liked to do more prototyping but with the outrageous prices my local shops charged and the long time delay to possibly have these done at work I bit the bullet and placed an order. Quantity made a big difference in per piece cost, so frankly 100 wasn't substantially more money than just getting a small quantity cut.
    COG Rope Clips
    [email protected]

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator E 10°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Right on. Any word on pricing, both on singles, and bundles? I'm dying to try a mini as a Ridgeline adjuster among other things.

Have decided on $4.99 CAD (approximately $4 US) for the COGmini and and $9.99 CAD (approximately $8 US) for the full-size COG. They will be sold per piece, so you can purchase as few or as many as you need. I apologize in advance, shipping from Canada sucks, so I will be offering lettermail shipment for a reasonable option, but if you want tracking it will have to be via parcel. Shipping rates get much more sensible with larger orders as the pieces are light enough that they don't bump shipping into the next bracket until you get a bunch of them.
    COG Rope Clips
    [email protected]

Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    Etsy may be another option for selling these. I've heard that they're a lot more seller-friendly than ebay has gotten to be.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast