Dream Hammock Sparrow Dragon
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Woppie Hooks

Wife AKA Capricorn just got her Sparrow this week

Wow Papa/Mama Smurf. Wow. It is BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to order mine later this year or early next year.

I have a question on suspensions (and liked your video this am, tend to be a whoopie guy myself). Is it fairly easy to swap out the cinch buckles? I know my XLC is easy enough but I didn't look too closely at the Purple People Eater.

In case she wants to try other options...

Thanks,

Pete

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    As a channel end hammock, the DH hammocks are incredible easy to swap suspensions out. I recommend you larkshead the new suspension to the old and just pull the new through, undo the larkshead, and win. With the sparrow, the only thing you have to keep in mind is the ridgeline and the netting and overcover bags at each end. Just re-thread the suspension through them like they were and you are good to go.
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    I was nervous switching around suspensions the first time on my Dream Hammocks as well. Humer91 gives perfect advice. If you'd like a video visual, I've copied a link from Derek's Ultimate hang site that shows just this.

http://theultimatehang.com/2015/04/r...dream-hammock/

When I first started swapping suspensions and had numerous things attached (dogbones, peak bag lines, ridgeline, etc), I would often take quick phone pictures during disassembly, just in case I messed something up or couldn't figure out exactly how it went back together.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Yes, pretty simple matter to swap out the suspension. As humer91 states, just make sure you capture the ridgeline, peak bag shock cord and any other lines hanging off the suspension. I normally advise folks to loosen both ends up so you can see how it's put together. Then swap only one end at a time so you can use the opposite end as a guide. Let me know if you have any trouble with it and I'd be happy to help.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow Dragon
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Woppie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Yes, pretty simple matter to swap out the suspension. As humer91 states, just make sure you capture the ridgeline, peak bag shock cord and any other lines hanging off the suspension. I normally advise folks to loosen both ends up so you can see how it's put together. Then swap only one end at a time so you can use the opposite end as a guide. Let me know if you have any trouble with it and I'd be happy to help.
    Thanks PapaSmurf.

Don't know what she will want since she is new to hammocking. At least she starts with a Dream Hammock Sparrow not an ENO double like I did (too short for me)...

Hammock
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by BilliardPete View Post

Don't know what she will want since she is new to hammocking. At least she starts with a Dream Hammock Sparrow not an ENO double like I did (too short for me)...
    As someone who is looking to get into hammocking (still haven't had a chance to lay in one yet), I'd love to hear how her experience is with the sparrow!

• + New Posts