WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    I've been sad to see forum members who report their only recourse has been contacting their bank or credit company. I'm not aware of issues at that level or frequency with other vendors on here. If I'm wrong, I'm willing to listen.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    I've been sad to see forum members who report their only recourse has been contacting their bank or credit company. I'm not aware of issues at that level or frequency with other vendors on here. If I'm wrong, I'm willing to listen.
    I think OES has worked hard to earn their unfortunate reputation. I know of no other vendor who has their own forum sticky, warning people about the customer service issues they are likely to encounter.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    I got an OES MacCat Deluxe with mods from Brian some years ago. Customer service was excellent (I had questions about mods and he responded wonderfully as other vendors here have for me in other cases) and it is my "go to" rainfly.

I have been sad to see some of the invidious attacks against OES in the last couple of years. ESPECIALLY when many jump on others offering similar critiques of other vendors.

In my opinion, it's too much like the cliques of middle school girls (apologies to middle school girls). If you're in one of the popular cliques, no matter what you do, you're defended. And if you're not one of the popular "in" girls, you're treated with disdain. It's pitiful actually. If vendor critique is cool on HF, it should be cool for all. In my opinion, the situation is very different from that. In one case, the vendor gets bashed. In other cases, the customers get bashed and we're told HF is not the place for complaints (yet plainly complaints are allowed ... so long as against someone not in the current right clique).

I'm not saying this or that vendor is good or bad. I'm saying the quite obvious double standard is not good.
    Don't worry, he'll respond to defend his honor in no time. Same as he does when an individual contacts him.........

I would have to agree. In general, it's getting a bit cliquey on here.

Not sure how this can be a double standard when the overwhelming majority of cases lend support to the "attacks"

Hammock
    NX-150
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Z-liner/DIY baffle
    Suspension
    Whoopie All-In-One
    I bought directly from OES about a year ago . . . and received the exact product in about a week. Nothing but kudos coming from me. And it is very sad to see that this is back AGAIN.

Hammock
    11ft argon
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG 20 incubator
    Suspension
    whoopies & huggers
    I bought a macat ultra 6ish years ago and I had no problems. Still has the original seem seal and works great. Great tarp.

I know he used to run it all by himself while still in college. Sorry to hear that some had bad experiences but I agree that it does feel like some people on this forum are just piling on.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Don't worry, he'll respond to defend his honor in no time. Same as he does when an individual contacts him.........

I would have to agree. In general, it's getting a bit cliquey on here.

Not sure how this can be a double standard when the overwhelming majority of cases lend support to the "attacks"
    I'm not seeing that. It seems everyone here loves every vendor around here. Even OES gets nothing but praises on his craftsmanship. BUT, when dozens upon dozens of people complain that they paid for a tarp, and after months, some cases years, of waiting and calling/emailing, they receive no tarp or response, well your eventually going to get people warning others about the situation. I mean heck, they moderators here have put a big disclaimer sticky warning people.
    You guys can't say we're cliquey because of this, it's just downright common sense. Screw over enough people, and the word will get around.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Ok, so everyone has heard it a thousand times and there is a sticky! Enough already! Let one person mention it and LET IT GO!

The MacCat is a fine tarp. An excellent design for a summer tarp, covers well with a nice open feeling. I have used it in the winter, but it's a bit more challenging. OES durability and craftsmanship are top notch. You would not be disappointed by any of the OES products. I do have a few photos posted.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oms View Post
    Ok, so everyone has heard it a thousand times....
    Well, not everyone.....

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oms View Post
    Ok, so everyone has heard it a thousand times and there is a sticky! Enough already!
    The OP apparently hasn't heard it.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My point is that when anyone asks about OES tarps the answer is always the same. It turns into a bash fest, never a revue.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast