Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post
    A Canadian, a blonde, a penguin and a politician walk into a bar....
    And I thought the joke was the existence of a blonde and a penguin in Canada...

I used to work with a guy from Canada.

Over the holidays, he had gone north to spend the time with family and friends in Moose Jaw (supposedly named, according to him, after an ancestor that carried the nickname because he bore a striking resemblance to one of Theodore's relatives, but I digress...)

Anyway, on the drive back to MN, he was thinking pleasant thoughts about the previous week: breakfasts of fried beaver tail and loon eggs; the exchange of gifts (I recall something about a large bag of caribou antler fuzz); and other nice stuff.

He hadn't been paying much attention to his driving and the next thing he knew he had the flashing red lights of a RCMP cruiser in his rear view mirror. He calculated that he was only about 30 miles (~50km) from the border so he put the pedal to the metal. Well, his old Pontiac Parisienne wasn't up to the task of outrunning the big Ford and he got chased down.

When he was asked why he ran instead of simply pulling over he replied "My wife ran away with a Mountie last year and I was afraid that you were he trying to give her back."

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    And I thought the joke was the existence of a blonde and a penguin in Canada...

I used to work with a guy from Canada.

Over the holidays, he had gone north to spend the time with family and friends in Moose Jaw (supposedly named, according to him, after an ancestor that carried the nickname because he bore a striking resemblance to one of Theodore's relatives, but I digress...)

Anyway, on the drive back to MN, he was thinking pleasant thoughts about the previous week: breakfasts of fried beaver tail and loon eggs; the exchange of gifts (I recall something about a large bag of caribou antler fuzz); and other nice stuff.

He hadn't been paying much attention to his driving and the next thing he knew he had the flashing red lights of a RCMP cruiser in his rear view mirror. He calculated that he was only about 30 miles (~50km) from the border so he put the pedal to the metal. Well, his old Pontiac Parisienne wasn't up to the task of outrunning the big Ford and he got chased down.

When he was asked why he ran instead of simply pulling over he replied "My wife ran away with a Mountie last year and I was afraid that you were he trying to give her back."
    Brilliant, Tom!

I remember the guy. First time I saw him he was walking through Moosejaw with a brown paper bag. I asked him what was in it and he said, "Got a bottle of whiskey for my wife." I said, "Really?" He said, "Yeah, good trade." See, the way I understand it she preferred camping in tents.
    Please enter your signature here.

The common understanding down here in MN is the difference between canoes and Canadians is that canoes tip.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    15%

Problem is we do it in Canadian dollars which they often mistake for Monopoly money and throw out.

And any who previously could afford a decent tip are now broke thanks to buying up all the Dutchware gear available.
    Please enter your signature here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123