DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I love my ENO DoubleNest. That said I'm all about trying different hammocks. We just made two DIY table cloth hammocks and love those too, and they pack lighter than the ENOs if that's important to you. If you're satisfied with your ENO then there's really no reason to change.

It seems that if you want more than just a hammock, i.e. tarps, ridgelines, under and over-quilts, then there are much better options out there than ENO for comparable prices. Just search the vendors here on the forums and do some comparative shopping for what you want. Also, DIY is a way to save money, if you have the time and inclination to do so. Happy hanging!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    My first hammock was an ENO single. I still have it hanging in the back yard, but it isn't nearly as comfortable as a longer hammock. I bought an 11' hammock from the Butt in a sling shop off these forums, and found it to be a much better hammock.

I would suggest that you browse the smaller "mom and pop" shops that are listed in these forums. There will be lots of options, and these hammocks are made by people that know the best materials and designs for a comfortable lay. I bet you will find them to be cheaper than an ENO at a sporting goods store also! There are sometimes video reviews posted by members of these forums that will answer your questions. I can't recommend Dutchwear enough. He makes some amazingly innovative gear for hammock suspensions, as well as tarp and quilt hardware.

Almost everything I learned about hammock camping or hiking with my hammock, I learned from these forums (or trial and error).

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    OzTrail???
    Insulation
    Tentsile sky pad
    Suspension
    DIY single line
    Quote Originally Posted by iyiyi View Post
    I'm a newb
    That's what I have owned for years (not using it much) and just starting to use it more.

Always open to suggestions for other hammocks!

Every "best of" list I can find has the eno doublenest in the top 3 usually, so it seemed an OK start.
    I've seen some of those "best" lists as well.

I think ENO is very popular because if aggressive marketing and sponsorship of organised university hangs where you can buy thier product slightly cheaper.

I suppose its a good place to start but if you do any serious hammock camping like mist of the people here you will eventually gravitate to some better quality equipment(some of the smaller sellers have really good prices too)
    I think you will also find that you can DIY better gear with what others are posting here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12