Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    how tall are you? I'm 6'2" and never slept well in my eno doublenest. i learned later it's just too short to get a good nights sleep in. 11 foot hammocks are much better for sleeping in...at least at my height.

Dutch makes a nice hammock in the sub $100 range.
    http://www.dutchwaregear.com/11-ft.-...mmocks-en.html
    I'm 5'8"

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I'm 5'11" and I sleep great in my ENO DN.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I'm 5'9" and sleep great in my DIY Walmart $1.50 bin Ripstop Nylon 10'x5' gathered end for $6 plus tax. Just add suspension of your choice.

You can get a variety of hammock body materials from vendors here and suspensions as well for under $100. Some are ready made, some you finish with suspension, some are material only and you DIY the hammock.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    One's heavy; the other is heavier. You're probably better off with something like a Dutch hammock. ENO is strictly beginner stuff - which is fine if that's as far as you're going to go, and you'll be sticking with car camping. Most people find the ENO hammocks to be short (9'4"). I find 11 ft. hammocks to be much more comfortable.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    It'd be one thing if you were physically at a store starting at it, debating to buy it because your current hammock ripped out while your camping somewhere, in which case it say go for the ENO but since you're ordering it, you might as well order something better for a similar price.
    As others have stated ENO is not the super, ultra light, ultra comfy, made by hammockers FOR hammockers sort of product.

That said, it's still lighter and more comfy than a tent... And would probably work just fine for porch-naps.
    For that matter, so will the Hobo Hammock sold at Walmart($25), or the Cast-a-way Hammock ($36) sold at Sports Authority

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WalksIn2Trees; 04-23-2016 at 10:10.

Quote Originally Posted by WalksIn2Trees View Post
    It'd be one thing if you were physically at a store starting at it, debating to buy it because your current hammock ripped out while your camping somewhere, in which case it say go for the ENO but since you're ordering it, you might as well order something better for a similar price.
    As others have stated ENO is not the super, ultra light, ultra comfy, made by hammockers FOR hammockers sort of product.

That said, it's still lighter and more comfy than a tent... And would probably work just fine for porch-naps.
    For that matter, so will the Hobo Hammock sold at Walmart($25), or the Cast-a-way Hammock ($36) sold at Sports Authority

What's your recommendation for a hammock in the under $100 budget range?

Maybe I should just start a new thread

Thanks
    Last edited by iyiyi; 04-23-2016 at 13:43.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iyiyi View Post
    What's your recommendation for a tent in the under $100 budget range?

Thanks
    You're looking for a tent? On Hammock Forums?
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    You're looking for a tent? On Hammock Forums?
    Obviously a mis-type...

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iyiyi View Post
    What's your recommendation for a hammock in the under $100 budget range?

Thanks
    It's difficult to say as I haven't used them all but primarily What you pick depends on what you want it for. Very few of the vendors on this forum have any sort of negative remarks about them, and those you can weed out pretty quickly by reading through the comments on their dedicated section of the forum. The only real issues I've ever seen mentioned about those few are late delivery and communication issues... Never anything about quality ever.

From the sound of it, primarily you just want it for your porch to nap in, so, did you want a bug net? why did you choose the double-nest... was there a reason besides the availability and the price? For napping long term comfort doesn't really come into play... Your not talking about hiking the AT or something, so ultra light isn't really a requirement, and which at the end of each day on the trail you'd want the best recovery rest possible... So without a netting, if you don't care about extra width (which most of them will do if you ask, even if it's not an official ordering option), you don't need a matching tarp and insulation...any of the vendors will do!

I have ordered gear from Wilderness Logics and Underground Quilts and like what I got from both, and, I will order from them again, but... I didn't get hammocks from them... I'm actually USING a Double-nest, but my plans are to upgrade to something just as wide but of a finer material, and lighter weight. Weight isn't as important to me on the bicycle as it is to a backpacker, for me bulk is more of an issue, and a lighter material should pack smaller. The material on the doublenest is fairly course, and after all night in it, your heels notice the friction from whatever movement you manage. The hammock I got from Sports Authority was better in this regard, but not as wide, and I find I like the extra width.

So I don't know if any of that helps, but I hope it does

Quote Originally Posted by WalksIn2Trees View Post
    It's difficult to say as I haven't used them all but primarily What you pick depends on what you want it for. Very few of the vendors on this forum have any sort of negative remarks about them, and those you can weed out pretty quickly by reading through the comments on their dedicated section of the forum. The only real issues I've ever seen mentioned about those few are late delivery and communication issues... Never anything about quality ever.

From the sound of it, primarily you just want it for your porch to nap in, so, did you want a bug net? why did you choose the double-nest... was there a reason besides the availability and the price? For napping long term comfort doesn't really come into play... Your not talking about hiking the AT or something, so ultra light isn't really a requirement, and which at the end of each day on the trail you'd want the best recovery rest possible... So without a netting, if you don't care about extra width (which most of them will do if you ask, even if it's not an official ordering option), you don't need a matching tarp and insulation...any of the vendors will do!

I have ordered gear from Wilderness Logics and Underground Quilts and like what I got from both, and, I will order from them again, but... I didn't get hammocks from them... I'm actually USING a Double-nest, but my plans are to upgrade to something just as wide but of a finer material, and lighter weight. Weight isn't as important to me on the bicycle as it is to a backpacker, for me bulk is more of an issue, and a lighter material should pack smaller. The material on the doublenest is fairly course, and after all night in it, your heels notice the friction from whatever movement you manage. The hammock I got from Sports Authority was better in this regard, but not as wide, and I find I like the extra width.

So I don't know if any of that helps, but I hope it does

Thank you!
    I actually plan to sleep in it indoors more than anything. I might use it outside every once in a while, but weight is not an issue at all. It doesn't have to be light.

I'm thinking the Eno just because that is the only brand I have past experience with and I have no complaints.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast