Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am having a hard time finding an Embroidery Machine forum like this one.
    The ones I have found are not geared toward machine work, mostly hand work. Or they are an older style forum and not much activity on it. Hard to hear about which threads to use or backing or what have you when the posts are almost 8 years old

I would love to buy a machine that is both Embroidery and sewing. Looking at a Brother machine but want to read up and learn more. Was going to buy a book at Barnes & Noble but there was none. No magazines either, nor at Joann's, Michaels ... .

So if you could suggest one that would be great, TY .

My father in law has a brother embroidery machine/sewing machine. I think the best course is to just jump in and try it. I helped him set it up initially and it was pretty easy. Any old Laptop will work for the setup and color changes are really easy as the machine pauses automatically and locks the stitch, etc. He hasn't used it in a long time... I should see if I can tinker with it.

Hammock
    MYOG Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps & Turtles
    Images
    Black Friday when RBTR had their sale I ordered my logo printed on a yard of X-pac V15. It's printed, not woven, but it's crisp enough and seems tough enough to last, and softens up reasonably well without looking rumpled. I did a 2x2 label, so you can imagine a yard of the stuff got me A LOT of labels, more than I'll ever use, and it was dang cheap per label for decent printing on very good quality material. And I have to say, the couple projects I've finished since then, it's really fun to see my own label on my gear.

I looked around, and custom embroidered labels are pricey. Generic designs not so much, but for custom graphics the price goes way up.

Quote Originally Posted by justinvaughan View Post
    I am having a hard time finding an Embroidery Machine forum like this one.
    The ones I have found are not geared toward machine work, mostly hand work. Or they are an older style forum and not much activity on it. Hard to hear about which threads to use or backing or what have you when the posts are almost 8 years old EmbroCrafts

I would love to buy a machine that is both Embroidery and sewing. Looking at a Brother machine but want to read up and learn more. Was going to buy a book at Barnes & Noble but there was none. No magazines either, nor at Joann's, Michaels ... .

So if you could suggest one that would be great, TY .
    no response.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12