Clark NX-250 vs NX-270 hammock

Hi,
    I'm the proud owner of a Clark NX-250, and probably have 30 or more nights of comfortable sleep. Mine happens to be the standard green; I'm thinking about buy a new camo and replacing my NX-250.

Does anyone have or had both of these? Any differences with the hang, by having the pockets inside? Other than that, it looks about the same...

Thanks for your input in advance... If someone is looking for a 250, give me a shout and we can talk about it.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by A/B View Post
    Hi,
    I'm the proud owner of a Clark NX-250, and probably have 30 or more nights of comfortable sleep. Mine happens to be the standard green; I'm thinking about buy a new camo and replacing my NX-250.

Does anyone have or had both of these? Any differences with the hang, by having the pockets inside? Other than that, it looks about the same...

Thanks for your input in advance... If someone is looking for a 250, give me a shout and we can talk about it.
    The wife and i both have the 250, ners is green and mine is camo .
    She has spent 2 nights in a friends 270 and said that besides the pockets , it's the exact same hammock, Clark will tell you the same if you ask them as well, in my opinion - save your money, the 250 is a great hammock!
    You can also just buy a camo tarp and underquilt protecter .

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Insulation
    SMR TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch straps
    Quote Originally Posted by A/B View Post
    Hi,

I have both the NX-250 and NX-270. I bought the 270 because it had the "inside" pockets. I also have a WB Ridge Runner and my favorite feature of that hammock is the "saddlebags", 2 pockets on each side that are inside the bug netting and inside the under quilt. The only reason I bought the 270 was being able to access the pockets from the inside of the hammock (think swarms of mosquitoes if you're camping in a wet area or sub freezing hangs in the winter and you're nice and toasty inside) and not having to open up any bug netting or or the weather shield. For me that feature was worth getting the 270. As far as comfort, rigging and set-up, they are both the same. BTW, the first thing I did was to get rid of the ropes that Clark supplies and changed that over to whoopie slings and tree straps. So unless the inside access to the pockets is very important to you I'd keep the 250 and as Zilla said, get a camo tarp and under quilt. I'm keeping my 250 to use when I take friends camping.
    Grey Eagle
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” John Muir

Thanks for the info!

Hammock
    DblW Hexon/Chameleon/Half-Wit/NX270
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps w/BeetleBuk
    I have both. I got a 270 because using the Velcro z-liner with outside pockets was a pain. If not using a z-liner, they are essentially the same.

Bart

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DblW Hexon/Chameleon/Half-Wit/NX270
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps w/BeetleBuk
    To elaborate, hanging in the hammock causes the z-liner to pull tighter. A time or two I actually got out of the hammock to get in the pockets.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Insulation
    JRB MT Wash4 & ORM
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    I have the exact set up with camo tarp and camo undercover. Great hammock no need to change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8i5x9o_9iE&t=8s

• + New Posts