Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images

your award!

sailor.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I'm calling multiple fouls here, and as a licensed referee, I know I'm right!

Item #1-Parabola...I'm good with that curve, and figured your diagram was approximate in any case. And I'm sure there's a formula that would precisely describe the curve using the bowling ball anyway. And beside, I figured it wasn't right anway because nearby, shoulders or legs would be deforming the curve three dimensionally, while you were doing a series of two dimensional sections. No egg.

Item #2- Length...I grew up with a slide rule and still have a six incher w/ leather case lost in some drawer, so the difference between 102 and 100.75 is not "significant." If, on the other hand, especially with the inside back piece of wall molding in a closet, you had cut to 100.75 when you needed 102, you would have spent the entire night on line searching for a good quality wood (or fabric) stretcher, or a reverse cut saw blade, so that you cut restore the original length. In any case, being a tad over looked to my practiced eye as just fine. Again, no honest egg.

However, I thank you for pointing out to the world the difference between theoretical calculations and engineering measurements. You're young enough not to lost confidence in the numbers, while I've retreated to first cuts always longer than I know I need.

And take none of my teasing as anything other than appreciation. Your vids are always fun and I'll bet around the campfire with you is too. BTW--What were your epilogic words after mentioning Gutermann thread..."it looks quite sturdy______?"

thanks, Ken
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykev111 View Post
    I finished my Grizz Bridge Ariel last night (minus the end caps and full enclosure bug net).

VERY comfortable with a flat lay. Im 6-1. 220.

I have never slept in a Bridge hammock before and only been in a WBRR for a few minutes, but I don't see myself making another gathered end hammock!

Kevin
    wonderful! Isn't it nice to feel the back support.

I am in the midst of fitting a detachable half-net to mine, to be followed by a heavier but full enclosure net. Bugnet geometry on a bridge hammock is a challenge. (Sneak preview of coming attractions)...but pretty easy with the full enclosure if you can accept the weight cost).
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    Darien; BIAS XL; DIY Ariel bridge
    Tarp
    WB Superfly; DIY
    Insulation
    HG Inc 20
    Suspension
    Outdoor ink
    20161105_090430(1).jpg20161105_094010.jpg20161105_094030.jpg

Thanks for the videos! I really enjoyed making the amsteel suspension. I also made some whoopie slings with the bridge whoopie hooks spliced on and an adjustable UCR ridgeline.

For the body I used Hexon 2.4 and it has been weight tested with 350 lbs (multiple people)! I used the brilliant blue and really like how it looks against the black bias tape.

I used the 'exact' measurements in the videos and got fairly close. I'm 6'3" and the hammock fits me pretty well. When my head isn't all the way to the end, the end caps make a nice 'footbox' for added length.

Of course I didn't sew a thing, thanks to my girlfriend for that!! She did a great job and made sure it wouldn't fall apart. It was interesting sewing along the cat cuts for sure...

Also thanks to theclark5 for making a pdf with all the measurements for the cuts, that helped a lot too.

Hammock
    DIY Sinister Ariel Black
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Integrated Down
    Suspension
    Kevlar and Spyder
    Also thanks to theclark5 for making a pdf with all the measurements for the cuts, that helped a lot too.
    Your welcome. I have made two Ariels now and am really pleased. Can't see going back to gathered end. I like your color choice.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    LOVE them bridges!!!! Looks great.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567