Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I am also married and a father of three, after our first kid me and my wife came to the conclusion that kids are going to drive us crazy;<) so we now give each other one day off a week. I usually save my days up for a couple weeks and then cash them in for an overnight camping trip. This has been working out good for us for over 7 years now and we're still sane, or at least as sane as can be expected.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    I am also married and a father of three, after our first kid me and my wife came to the conclusion that kids are going to drive us crazy;<) so we now give each other one day off a week. I usually save my days up for a couple weeks and then cash them in for an overnight camping trip. This has been working out good for us for over 7 years now and we're still sane, or at least as sane as can be expected.
    That's so important. My wife will do "girls night" every other week or so and get away on her own other times to do whatever. I'll do my kayaking and backpacking. Being married doesn't mean giving up hobbies, losing your identity or being glued together 24/7.

Hi There Thanks for sharing Such type of informative article. I Found this article quite informative and helpful and the stuff you wrote in the article is quite familiar to me so that why I just loved both articles of you.
    Keep sharing such type of stuff buddy

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Great thread. Thanks for sharing. I can totally relate to the author of this link. Time outdoors is time well spent, and necessary to recharge your "batteries." Hammocks are just a new cool tool to enjoy the outdoors even more, especially as one's bones can no longer tolerate the relative discomfort of camping on the ground. I am a hammock convert for life, even though my wife still prefers tents. We both share a passion for the outdoors though, and that is the main thing.

Hammock
    SLD, Townsend bridge
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    WB,UGQ,Nunatak
    Suspension
    Beckets
    Great article.
    I go out once a week every week. Sometimes it's only a hundred feet into the woods in my backyard. But I always pack my backpack like it is a 20 mile hike. I may set up at 9pm and be up at 4am for work but I slept in the woods.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post

^^^^ This is brilliant ^^^^

Like many of you, I'm married, for a few decades, and a father of one. When my daughter was young, I pushed most everything aside to be home. I think I missed less than five of her games/events in nearly fifteen years. Now, at fifteen years old, she is all over the place and doesn't sit still for a second. She needs shuttling everywhere.

Between work and family I don't claim much time for myself. One hour per day for the gym is non-negotiable, but I am fortunate to have my gym in my home so I am not far. Neither of my girls have any interest in the trail, and really don't 'get it'. My mistake.

I am regretting not implementing a one-day-a-week program like yours..
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Your both parts where really helpful and well written is there any chance of you to write 3rd part? I'm quite Curious to read?

Hammock
    Wbbb, chameleon, Darian
    Tarp
    Dutch tarp,minifly
    Insulation
    Jacks
    I have 4 kids ranging from 2 to 18. And all I have to do is take one or more of the kids with me and the wife is usually ok with it. We go camping as a family a couple of times a year also. They women sleep in a tent and me and a couple of my sons sleep in the hammocks. It’s not finding time to go camping it’s aquiring all the stuff needed to go. Hammocks, quilts, tarps, backpacks, and so in get expensive when you need 3-4 of everything. I just ordered a new Dream hammock and I will pass one of mine down to one of my sons. Shopping for a new set of quilts since he has takin a liking to mine.
    We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB minifly
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    I realize I'm an extreme, not many would put hiking and being right next to wilderness that high on their priority list.
    I made the choice long ago to continue to live in a very expensive state - because I wanted to live where other people wanted to vacation.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winterdream 12
    Insulation
    HG 0 UQ / 20 TQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    I made the choice long ago to continue to live in a very expensive state - because I wanted to live where other people wanted to vacation.
    It's funny. I live in a quiet town five minutes from lovely beaches where many come to vacation. But I just wish I lived up in the mountains. The oceans are wasted on me! I guess it's all relative.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123