Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware

Hammeck - Announcing Halt of Operations

Hi all...

David here, and I have an announcement to make. As some of you probably know, my wife (Beth) is a fourth year medical student, and will be graduating in May. We recently learned that she placed for residency at UPMC Saint Margaret, which is in Pittsburgh. At this time, we are in the process of preparing to move, which we expect to do by June 15th. I have begun the search for a new job, we have listed our house for sale, and we are attempting to find housing in the area. Additionally, my brother (Jason) recently accepted a position with a home-builder as Lead Designer. On top of that, Jason is newly engaged, so he and Sarah (his fiancee) are planning their wedding! It is a very exciting time for the Meck family!

In the past couple of weeks, we have had many discussions concerning the future of Hammeck. We considered the possibility of expanding and hiring employees. We thought about changing our business model. We looked into outsourcing some of our labor to contractors. Believe me when I tell you, we have had some emotional conversations. In the end, we all agreed that none of the options we considered would allow us to continue to provide the levels of quality and customer service that we expect of ourselves. We have concluded that Hammeck cannot continue to be the same company that it is today, and it is one of the many factors that are pulling our family in a variety of directions.

As such, it is with great regret that I announce our decision to formally halt business. We will continue to take orders for all stocked items (such as Hammeck Stands) until our inventory is depleted. We will continue to take orders for made-to-order items (such as our hammocks) through April 30, 2016. Additionally, going forward, we will not be able to consider custom requests, beyond what is available on our site. All orders placed prior to this announcement are still on schedule to ship within the quoted lead time. All orders placed after this announcement will not have a guaranteed lead time. We promise to fulfill every order we receive, and we are confident in saying that all orders will ship before the end of August, but we cannot commit to a shorter window. Additionally, continue to check out the SALE section of our site. Once all orders are fulfilled, we will be using up our remaining stocked fabric to make hammocks, and they will be available for immediate sale.

I do want to be clear that we do not currently have a plan for continuing operations. We have invested a great deal of ourselves into Hammeck, and cannot bring ourselves to saying that this is the end. We hope that the future will create an opportunity for us to reopen the doors. In the meantime, we look forward to spending a lot more time with you all at hangs!

Finally, we want to extend a gigantic THANK YOU to our customers and friends! Hammeck would not exist without you! Our family is stronger than ever because of you, and we are extremely grateful for that.

Hang tight.
    The Mecks
    Last edited by meckelangelo; 04-15-2016 at 16:13.
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ mostly
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    Congrats on everything up coming.

So sorry to hear the halt of a fabulous business. I love your hammecks and service.

Look forward to any future endeavors that might come.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Good news....bad news.

Hope everything works out and you guys can start making gear again.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Hammeck netty
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 40* Quilt Set
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    It was great meeting y'all at hangcon and I wish your family the best of luck.

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Well, you guys know how I feel. In such a short time you know you've become my extended family in Lancaster. I appreciate the friendship we have made. I know this isn't the end of that, and I wish you all the best.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon, wbbb, hammeck netty
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    whoopee slings
    Congratulations on all your upcoming adventures. I have been very happy with the hammock and stand I have purchased form you in the past. Good luck to the entire family.

Hammock
    Chameleon, Hammeck Envy-S, Amok,
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    CBs or whoopies
    Both sad and happy news. Best of luck on the new paths. Glad I got my Eny-s order in when I did.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    11' Robic 1.2
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    UGQ 10's, EE 40's
    Suspension
    Cont loops, DW BB
    Congratulations on all the exciting developments within your family! Sounds like some wonderful opportunities are waiting in the wings. I'm very glad I found you all in time to get one of your hammocks while the getting was good. I've spent about a dozen nights in my Netty (my first real hammock) since getting it just a few months ago. Hammeck was wonderful to work with, and everytime I go for a hang I'm still impressed with the quality of my hammock! Thanks for such a great introduction to hanging, and I wish you all the best

--Brett in Missouri

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Bad news for us, but congrats to you Mecks (and future Mecks). Save one of those stands and a hammock for Beth. She's gonna need them at UPMC Saint Margaret to get some well deserved rest (when she can get it) and of course, to make the other resident physicians jealous!

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Best of luck in the next chapter of your lives & thanks for the wonderful hammocks I've had the pleasure of hanging in!
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast