Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Campdavid View Post
    Have to agree. Asking about a "lounging hammock" in this forum is like going to a Ferrari dealership looking for a luxury sedan.

I own Grand Trunk, ENO, and Wilderness Logics hammocks but also own cheapo cotton Mayan style hammocks and several spreader bar hammocks....all of them have their place. My wife and I love to lounge together on a spreader bar hammock. Sure getting in and out of it can be a hilarious event but that's part of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree but also disagree. Ive gotten alot of good info from here and think that it has led me to a more functional hammock. I do think each has a time and place and i think the mayan i linked up above is going to be a more versatile hammock for me to get my feet wet with. If i love it, i have no problem dropping a grand on a nice set up but for now fine with a cheapo with the advise of aome Ferrari owners haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well its been bought. Wish me luck lol good thing is, its fullfilled by amazon so itll be a easy return if it sucks lol

Images
    Good choice with the Mayan. That's my go-to lounger. Great party hammock, had five in one hilarious time. Very good in hot weather.

--
    Gadget.

I once thought I wanted a two person hammock - I was wrong.

Some people like being squished against another person, I found out I don't.

But lots of good advice on here, and I'm sure you'll find something you'll enjoy. I can tell you're the kinda person who researches things!

I would just add that a few people use, I think, 12' 6"x6" treated lumber posts and bury them 4-6 feet into the ground. It's a bit of work, but might be cheaper than a metal stand, dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by chefkeith View Post
    I once thought I wanted a two person hammock - I was wrong.

Some people like being squished against another person, I found out I don't.

But lots of good advice on here, and I'm sure you'll find something you'll enjoy. I can tell you're the kinda person who researches things!

I would just add that a few people use, I think, 12' 6"x6" treated lumber posts and bury them 4-6 feet into the ground. It's a bit of work, but might be cheaper than a metal stand, dunno.
    I was thinking about using lumber but if the metal stand i bought doesnt work im just going to build the stand that was mentioned further back. But thanks for the suggestion!

Images
    Let us know the dimensions of the stand when you get it, we'll help you get a nice hang. Always good to get a noob pointed in the right direction.

--
    Gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetUK437 View Post
    Let us know the dimensions of the stand when you get it, we'll help you get a nice hang. Always good to get a noob pointed in the right direction.

--
    Gadget.
    Well the stand will be here tomorrow but amazon says its 14'6" long and 3"9' high and the hammocks Length is- 13'4" (Bed Width - 8"4' Bed Length - 7")
    I may have to buy another stand but we shall see how this one works. And it was amazon prime so it should be easy return if i have to.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    JUST saw this thread. I have a 15' (I think) Brazillian hammock on the older version of this Byers ADJUSTABLE stand. The arms adjust and the bottom (keel) also adjusts. At max extension, I still had to knot one end (I clipped a huge, plastic Night-Ize S-Biner so that (hopefully) the knot can be undone, if necessary. (A few years ago there were posts here from folk who had made extenders to attach a tarp.)
    I prefer this design of hanging hammock loop over the ones that have a screwed-in hook.

I paid about $100 eight or so years ago so $120 sounds ok. Shop around and see if u can get shipping included. Weighs ab 65 lbs. Quite a bit of rust but that doesn't bother me.
    Stand lives outside; hammock comes in

The advantage of this newer model is the knobs are on the side. Mine stick up and on stretchy hammocks I've had them sticking into my back/butt.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...8-adType%5EPLA

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234